The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
the Soundcraft spare-part-exchange community ?
Old 4th May 2016
Gear Addict

the Soundcraft spare-part-exchange community ?

Hi all,

Obviously I am not the only one who is using old Soundcraft desks, and since Soundcraft does not stock parts from the older analogue boards anymore, I thought it would make sense to start a part-exchange-community to keep our desks alive.

This is not about modifications, ITB/OTB discussions, just for finding the missing button, screw, channel-modules,...
it would be great if we could establish a culture of not getting as much money as possible, but instead of being helpful for each other.

I am a gearslut.
I am owner of a 16 channel Venue II theatre.
I am looking for:

Venue II Module RS5153 Dual Group/EQ
Venue II Module RS5150 Stereo input

Plastic-Strip that covers the meterbridge-screws and keeps the acrylic "front-screen" of the meterbridge in place (K3, Venue, Delta, Vienna, ... all the same. Need it in 22 modules width)

I have to offer:
a lot of parts from a 24 channel Venue II and a 16 channel Venue I.
Mono and stereo channels, group modules, master modules, fader-caps, knobs, insert modules, meterbridge Parts (Sifam VU including driver circuit board, LED meters in groups of 4)

So if you are looking for a special part, just ask.
Old 29th June 2016
Here for the gear

livingloud, I am interested in 2 Sifam VU meters, including driver circuit boards, from a Soundcraft Venue console, if they are still available. TIA.

Wade
Old 2nd July 2016
Gear Addict

Just to show this thread is alive: A Sifam-meter with driver-board will be on the way to the US on Monday to complete Wade's Venue.

I am still searching for:
upper ident-strip for boards with meter bridge (fits K3, Venue, Europa, Vienna,...) in 22 modules width (16channels+groups+master)
2 Venue II stereo modules (must have the mute-logic) or 2 theatre modules
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Addict

bump.

I now also have some parts for older Soundcraft desks (knobs, fader caps for 200B, 400, 800,... series), VU lamps, switches, pots,...

I am still looking for:
2x Venue II Module RS5150 Stereo input

Plastic-Strip /upper ident strip between channels and meterbridge (K3, Venue, Delta, Vienna, Sapphyre, Europa, ... all the same. Need it in 22 modules width)
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Addict

googling in random .....
found a place with many helps
For Who need Soundcraft 3200 console spares
also for sidecar desk or rack
"Click Here"
Old 2nd August 2017
Gear Addict

It's alive.
A padded envelope with spare parts for a 500 is on the way to Texas to our community member crunch.

I am still looking for:
2x Venue II theatre inputs RS 5353

Plastic-Strip /upper ident strip between channels and meterbridge (K3, Venue, Delta, Vienna, Sapphyre, Europa, ... all the same. Need it in 22 modules width)
Old 2nd August 2017
Gear Addict

soundcraft 6000 spares

i have various soundcraft 6000 back panels and modules im looking for a few led meter bars ....
Old 2nd August 2017
Gear Addict

soundcraft 6000 spares

i have various soundcraft 6000 back panels and modules im looking for a few led meter bars ....
Old 9th August 2017
Gear Head

crunch is very excited by this recent development, thanks again livingloud! Also, crunch is wondering why he's referring to himself in the 'third person' (just one of many character flaws, I assure you) but nevertheless crunch is fully committed to 'making his Soundcraft 500 great again', lol! (yikes! - I feel dirty...)

We have a small family-owned hardware store here in town I enjoy going to that can get oddball/hard-to-find screws - I'm going to run by there later and get them to order me 150 count (or so) of fresh screws/washers for the 500, the ones for fastening modules, meterbridge plates, etc.. does anyone else need some? Happy to order more!

I know a lot of folks in tour support/backline/pro audio around here, I'll see if anyone has soundcraft parts, they're usually happy to get them out of their warehouses.. everyone's obviously going digital for tour support, etc..

This thread is a terrific idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingloud View Post
It's alive.
A padded envelope with spare parts for a 500 is on the way to Texas to our community member crunch.

I am still looking for:
2x Venue II theatre inputs RS 5353

Old 9th August 2017
Gear Head

Holy. Smokes.

Look what showed up today!

(edit: crap, imgur photos taint showin' up..)

livingloud, thank you so very, very much!

Next, I'm going to pull all the knobs, fader knobs and buttons, and soap 'em all up whilst I clean the modules. Screws will be here in a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
the Soundcraft spare-part-exchange community ?-20170809_134621.jpg  

Last edited by crunch; 10th August 2017 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: imgur photos taint showin' up
Old 10th August 2017
Lives for gear

Hope this is relevant. I bought a Spirit M4 earlier this year that was missing a dozen knobs. I found a guy on E-bay using the search https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...knobs&_sacat=0
and he fixed me up. I think he has quite a few parts etc., as well...
Old 3rd April 2018
Here for the gear

Need 200B knobs

Hello Livingloud and other Soundcrafters, can anyone help me find some knobs for my 200B mixer?
Or steer me to a spec so I can find something.
I think the knobs are 4mm D Shaft, but not sure.
Thank you!
Tim Prince
Old 3rd April 2018
Gear Maniac

Just chiming in here. Using a Soundcraft 8000 desk. Anyone know where to get meter bulbs? Thinking about doing that white led bulb mod.
Old 7th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by timprince View Post
Hello Livingloud and other Soundcrafters, can anyone help me find some knobs for my 200B mixer?
Or steer me to a spec so I can find something.
I think the knobs are 4mm D Shaft, but not sure.
Thank you!
Tim Prince
Tim,

sorry - I have sent all my old-style knobs to crunch ^^
Old 7th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneAlive View Post
Just chiming in here. Using a Soundcraft 8000 desk. Anyone know where to get meter bulbs? Thinking about doing that white led bulb mod.
Hi,

you should be able to find them at mouser. I am not sure about the specs, though.
The spares I had, had no writing on them. Perhaps anybody else knows?
For my Venue, they are fed from the 7.5V rail, if I remember correctly. They had a resistor "in front of them", but I dont have the values at hand - I changed my VUs to LEDs already, so I can not open the desk to find out, sorry.

If you change to LED, I would recommend to look for "warm white". The clear-blue-ish LED-white does not look good on old desk, but that is of course my personal opinion.

Best regards
Old 24th May 2018
Quote:
bump.

I now also have some parts for older Soundcraft desks (knobs, fader caps for 200B, 400, 800,... series), VU lamps, switches, pots,...

I am still looking for:

I'm looking for spare parts for a 800:

8001 input module

8005 Fx Return module

8006 Master Module

8003 Group module

Also looking for a functional PSU for 800 ( Does a 800b PSU would work ? )

If you got some parts please let me know.

Thank you.
Old 24th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel80 View Post
I'm looking for spare parts for a 800:

8001 input module

8005 Fx Return module

8006 Master Module

8003 Group module

Also looking for a functional PSU for 800 ( Does a 800b PSU would work ? )

If you got some parts please let me know.

Thank you.
Hi,
I only have Modules for Delta/Venue/Vienna. Sorry. PErhaps someone else has some spares?

As the 800 has the same voltages (reference: Soundcraft manual https://www.soundcraft.com/products/Series-800B)
as later desks, even a CPS450 should be fine - depending on your channel count. A CPS 600 can deliver higher current, so that would be a safe bet, but of course power consumption, heat,... is higher then.

The CPS 800 does not have a 24V rail, and instead ov 7,5V it provides 8 - that could surely be adjusted, but since it has a fan-cooling and you would lack the 24V it does not really make sende to choose this big PSU.

You would of course have to build your own cable (or at least check the pinout) from PSU to the desk.
Old 24th May 2018
Quote:
Hi,
I only have Modules for Delta/Venue/Vienna. Sorry. PErhaps someone else has some spares?

As the 800 has the same voltages (reference: Soundcraft manual https://www.soundcraft.com/products/Series-800B)
as later desks, even a CPS450 should be fine - depending on your channel count. A CPS 600 can deliver higher current, so that would be a safe bet, but of course power consumption, heat,... is higher then.

The CPS 800 does not have a 24V rail, and instead ov 7,5V it provides 8 - that could surely be adjusted, but since it has a fan-cooling and you would lack the 24V it does not really make sende to choose this big PSU.

You would of course have to build your own cable (or at least check the pinout) from PSU to the desk.
Thank you for your answer.

My latest soundcraft is a 800 18/8/2

I wanted to make the PSU modified to get a better headroom and lower noise floor.

Do you think a cps 450 or the one from the 800B would be fine for someone to modify it for my expected results?
Also, would I need to make a custom cable for those 2 psu if I was to buy them and plug them to my 800?

I'm sorry if I'm not expressing my ideas correctly, I have never touched a solder iron and have very little to none electronic knowledge.

Someone will do those modification and recap of the console for me.
I'm just collecting the pieces I need to get the project done and I'm also cleaning the console as we speak with isopropyl alcool and a toothbrush so the console is clean when he start working on it.

I was also thinking of helping him by desoldering the caps...
But i'm not sure its a good idea.
I'll ask him.

Thank you for your time.
Old 24th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thank you for your answer.

My latest soundcraft is a 800 18/8/2

I wanted to make the PSU modified to get a better headroom and lower noise floor.

Do you think a cps 450 or the one from the 800B would be fine for someone to modify it for my expected results.

I'm sorry if I'm not expressing my ideas correctly, I have never touched a solder iron and have very little to none electronic knowledge.

Thank you for your time.
...you edited your answer while I was typing - cheater!

Noise floor will be limited by the OPamps and transistors in the desk also. If your PSU has no faults, and all parts are within specs. I dont think you could change a lot with some kind of modifications. If you like the board, repair it, use it, be happy. If you dont, buy another. I never understood this "I will make a 30 year old live board a new SSL" - stuff. You wont. Putting a V8 engine into a Volkswagen makes it faster, but does not make it a Cobra.
Old 24th May 2018
Quote:
Please do not try to modify a PSU if you have no experience. You probably do not have the tools that are necessary to make measurements and to decide which components you plan to choose.
And - it is seriously dangerous. Really.

Noise floor will be limited by the OPamps and transistors in the desk also. If your PSU has no faults, and all parts are within specs. I dont think you could change a lot with some kind of modifications.
No, I will not modify anything dont worry.

And thank you for caring, its appreciated.

Someone will do those modifications for me.

I thought something in the PSU needed to be modified in order to get a greater headroom in the console. Maybe I misread.

Like I said, I dont understand much of electronics so I'm really relying on professional suggestion to get a better console.

EDIT: I understand your point. I'm not an utopist and I dont believe I'll get an SSL out of my Soundcraft, I just want to make it better where its possible.
I would need to find back the articles that were suggesting that with an upgraded PSU, we could increase the headroom in the console.
I'll send it your way when I'll find it. ....and yes I cheated :P
I didnt thought you were going to answer so fast
Old 24th May 2018
@ livingloud

That's one of the article I remember reading about increased headroom possibility on a soundcraft:

Creation Audio Labs

At the 8th paragraph they say :
''But with the Creation Audio Labs modifications (akin to what you’ll find on our Ghost mod) which include faster, lower-noise, lower-distortion op amps and lower series-resistance electrolytic capacitors, additional caps to decouple the IC's from power more effectively which reduces cross-talk between channels through the power supply, as well as caps to suppress high-frequency oscillations from the faster op amps, the board is brought up to surprisingly better specs all around, making it a fantastic summing option with all the board features you’d hate to leave behind going with one of those outboard analog summing mixers. We even provide upgrades to the power supply to effect an even bigger increase in headroom as well as minimizing noise-floor.''

Its not the first time I read such information on modification.

What's your thought on those modification ?
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

The PSU mod would mean to increase the rail voltages. There´s not much benefit to expect because it doesn´t change the gain structure of the desk, which is mostly responsible for headroom problems. You´d buy the higher rail voltages with less regulation depth of the voltage regulators in the PSU, something which is not helpful IMHO.

Another way to increase headroom would be changing all audio opamps to new ones with rail-rail output. That´s give you 0,7-1,4V more peak voltage. Not worth the effort or money. It would cost you quite some cash/time/work to change all opamps and your desk will sound different, not necessarily better. It´s no drop-in replacement work, you´ll need to crosscheck several things by measurement.
Old 24th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by jensenmann View Post
The PSU mod would mean to increase the rail voltages. There´s not much benefit to expect because it doesn´t change the gain structure of the desk, which is mostly responsible for headroom problems. You´d buy the higher rail voltages with less regulation depth of the voltage regulators in the PSU, something which is not helpful IMHO.

Another way to increase headroom would be changing all audio opamps to new ones with rail-rail output. That´s give you 0,7-1,4V more peak voltage. Not worth the effort or money. It would cost you quite some cash/time/work to change all opamps and your desk will sound different, not necessarily better. It´s no drop-in replacement work, you´ll need to crosscheck several things by measurement.
Thank you for your answer jensenmann,

Like I said earlier, I wont be the one doing the modification so I'm mainly relying on someone else experience and expertise to deliver what's possible to be delivered .

Also, I need to underline that I'm not hoping to get an SSL or a Cadac out of my Soundcraft but i'm certainly hoping to get a decent summing mixer like my 200b at my Studio.

This 800 will be for my home project studio for analog summing and input points for my samplers mainly.
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

I do have 2 Soundcraft 8000 in good condition that I'll let go for an incredible price. One was a "spare" one, that I never used because the "main" one worked flawlessly.. anyway, great mixer and in great shape.
One of the two boards has the rare led meters on every channel, and both have the 4 band parametric eq.
both with double power supply, although you only need one for operation.

Well covered for the years to come..

if interested PM me.

thanks!

Cheu
Old 24th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thank you for your answer jensenmann,

Like I said earlier, I wont be the one doing the modification so I'm mainly relying on someone else experience and expertise to deliver what's possible to be delivered .

Also, I need to underline that I'm not hoping to get an SSL or a Cadac out of my Soundcraft but i'm certainly hoping to get a decent summing mixer like my 200b at my Studio.

This 800 will be for my home project studio for analog summing and input points for my samplers mainly.
Like I already said: I would just repair it. Not change it.
You can look for "jim Williams" and "Delta" - topics on this board, and you will find a lot of information about changing caps, OPamps, modifying the EQ,...

But if you have a 40 year old desk for the sound - there will not be any "sound" left if you make it technically perfect. Just enjoy it.
Old 24th May 2018
Quote:
Like I already said: I would just repair it. Not change it.
You can look for "jim Williams" and "Delta" - topics on this board, and you will find a lot of information about changing caps, OPamps, modifying the EQ,...

But if you have a 40 year old desk for the sound - there will not be any "sound" left if you make it technically perfect. Just enjoy it.
Well, I must say that you are starting to be convincing.

I must also say that I love that ''sound'' and I would be very mad at me if I was to end up with a sterile console like some of them seem to underline.

I think I'll start with a ''simple'' recap and a clean PSU and will make other choices later if I have to.

Thanks a lot for chiming in @ livingloud
Old 24th May 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Well, I must say that you are starting to be convincing.

Thanks a lot for chiming in @ livingloud
I dont want to convince you. I am just a guy with an opinion.
Very welcome.
Have lots of fun with your Soundcraft, and perhaps someone with spare parts for your board will chime in.
Old 24th May 2018
Quote:
I dont want to convince you. I am just a guy with an opinion.
Very welcome.
Have lots of fun with your Soundcraft, and perhaps someone with spare parts for your board will chime in.
I just bought 7 x 8001 input modules on eBay.

So If I dont have issues with the master or group modules, I should be fine.

I only need to buy a decent PSU now and I'm not quite sure which one to be honest. The one I have is good for garbage I think.
Old 25th May 2018
Lives for gear

If anyone has a spare set of meter bridge panels for a 600, Im interested.
Old 25th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.S.P. View Post
If anyone has a spare set of meter bridge panels for a 600, Im interested.
Hey men, there's 2 x 600 for sale in Montreal.One for part and the other functionnal including a meter bridge. They both come together and he sell them for 500$ canuck dala !

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-enregistreme...ationFlag=true
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search