The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
distressor/or api 7600/ or chandler germanium
Old 7th February 2007
Here for the gear

distressor/or api 7600/ or chandler germanium

hello i i have been, using a gml 2032 for sometime i like it quite a bit, i am recording bluegrass/ acoustic based music. for fun. it may be a little to clean for the sound i am going for, i am for sure ordering a aea r 84 ribbon mic, i think this will help quite a bit, but for more color, i have been thinking of getting a distressor, just for adding light compression for color, etc, or a chandler germanium because it, or selling the gml and getting a api 7600 it has eq compression and pre, the api may seem weird because, they are known for there prefrence for rock guitars and drums. but there are no rules for recording right? why i mention the api. is because t-bone burnett the guy who produced the o'brother where art though, ralph stanley, and a few other bluegrass albums , swears by the api stuff and ribbon mics, he says thats a lot of that sound, but they also, had great rooms and tracked to tape with ribbons in a decca tree. i love the gml, cant beat the eq.and what you hear is what you get with the pre, but i try to use minimal eq any way. all help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search