The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Extreme low end at the end of Seal's "Crazy"
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Extreme low end at the end of Seal's "Crazy"

I always notice this part, even on small speakers. The last verse, which I believe was cut from the radio mix, has an unbelievably huge low end that comes in, either from a kick sample or a synth bass thing. I think it's brilliant that it only comes in at the very end. What do you think is playing that part?
Old 7th February 2007
dont wanan kidnap this thread, but there is an avril lavigne song.. Scaterboy?? not shure.. the song is very bad mixed, and has no lowend (or only a small amount of).. and then at the end of the verse, I think it happens 3 times in the song, is this ultra brutal and loud 40 to 80hz roll.. :D

cheers
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Sk8er Boi! Haha, spelled like a true teenager message board poster. I hear what you are saying about that song... there's those random 808 hits on the downbeat of the first verse. And yes, there is NO low end on that song. Is that TLA?
Old 26th November 2008
Here for the gear

Seal low end

According to Tim Weidner who mixes Seal, he uses a very simple sine wave generator and sweeps it down! Simple as that!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search