The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
black lion audio 002 mod
Old 7th February 2007
Here for the gear

black lion audio 002 mod

hey ladies and gents. this is my first thread and my first post. I am wondering if any 002 users have had their interface modded by black lion audio (www.blacklionaudio.com) If you don't know, they mod lower end interfaces and things. The 002 mod deals with the preamps, analog stages and the clock. The price of the mod is $450.00 and from what I have heard is a really good deal. They do have before and after sound clips on the site. They also warranty their work for 2 years.
If anyone has had it done, please post your comments here.

Andrew
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

If you hit that little button that says search, you will see the myriads of posts on this and we are aware of what it does.
Old 8th February 2007
Gear Maniac

That's a lot of wees, Rowdy.
The upgrade (I have it) is a definite improvement. Noise specs are greatly improved overall, but my favorite part is the new clocking. The modded unit has greater transparency and imaging. You'll likely hear new things in familiar mixes. No matter how much you spend on outboard gear, you'll always have to deal with the shortcomings of the 002 unless you deal with it first. I think it's money well spent.
MR
Old 9th February 2007
Here for the gear

thanks rowdy, but no need to be an ass
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidtn View Post
thanks rowdy, but no need to be an ass
Everyone get's thier hand slapped at first, it like a tradition, kind of like hazing. All meant to prepare you for the world of Gearslutz. Don't take it personally, we've all gone through Boot Camp.
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
Everyone get's thier hand slapped at first, it like a tradition, kind of like hazing. All meant to prepare you for the world of Gearslutz. Don't take it personally, we've all gone through Boot Camp.
Exactly. Welcome to the jungle!heh
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

The search is your friend. heh
Old 11th February 2007
Here for the gear

roger that, sorry. I have now learned to use search

droid
Old 11th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Definetly get it done. The new clocking is a nice improvement. Things sound a little warmer and smoother. More natural. The new pres are good. A bit sterile to my ears, but definetly clearer and more open. I also upgraded the A/D converters to the AK4393VS which gives it more dynamic range. Apparently it doesn't make a huge difference but I opted to do that as well. You have to find the chips yourself though.

Later
Old 12th February 2007
Gear Addict

so if one were to consider getting two digi 002 racks both w/ black lion mods and a big ben clock to run it all...

would that seem like a good deal? 8 base pre's w/ good word clock system?
Old 12th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewrevolution View Post
so if one were to consider getting two digi 002 racks both w/ black lion mods and a big ben clock to run it all...

would that seem like a good deal? 8 base pre's w/ good word clock system?
You can only use 1 002 at a time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search