The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
2 channel pre for m160 overhead
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Guru

2 channel pre for m160 overhead

Hey guys,

So I went and bought a pair of m160s to try on the overheads of a drum set. BTW thanks to Warren at front end audio.
Problem I think I am going to have is a good 2 channel pre for them. The only 2 channel pres I have now is a Vintech 1272 and a Langevin (all the rest are one channel). I think the Vintech is going to color to much and Langevin is not quite enough (it may just be my unit). So can anyone recommend a good pre to try for around $1600 or under? I think a nice quiet pre with no coloring is the way I want to go, right?

Also does anyone have any cool tricks I should try with the overheads using the m160s? Just so you know I was using SROs from Earthworks, so this is going to be a completely different sound for me.

Glenn
Old 7th February 2007
Jai guru deva om

Glenn, you're very welcome of course.

I would seriously pick up a Pacifica for overhead duties and well...pretty much everything else. The Pacifica delivers a great presence and punch on drums which is perfect for the music you're doing. You're going to love it on guitar cabs and vocals also.

War
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Guru

Well look who it is!!!!!!!!! WARREN

I thought those have a lot of color to them. You think that would work ok with those mics? I was hoping someone would say a 428, but maybe not.

Glenn

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search