The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
More Drumagog Questions
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Addict

More Drumagog Questions

I'm trying to get Drumagog to follow some toms. The drummer is playing around the rack from hi tom all the way down to the floor tom. The track is a stereo recording of this performance. I would like Drumagog to follow this same sequence as the drummer played.

So far the best I've been able to do is get it to randomly play multisamples at the correct sensitivity to give me the same rhythmic pattern. But, because it's random, it keeps ending on different drums at different velocities.

Is there a way to make the multi samples play in an exact sequential order?

Thanks
Old 7th February 2007
Well, I suppose you could have it sense based on low frequency content. The floor would have the most and trigger the loudest sample (or your floor sample), and the rack would trigger the softest (or your rack 1 sample).

I edit them and replace if it's a situation like that. 4 tracks.
Old 7th February 2007
Here for the gear

You'll probably have to spend some time doing a lot of manual stuff, but here's how I'd approach it.

Clone / duplicate the track once for as many toms as you've got.

An instance of drumagog on each.

Use the filter part of the sidechain mode and filter on the fundamental frequency of a given tom. Do that for each track... so you'll have a Rack Tom 1 track with drumagog triggering off the fundamental of that track (a sharp q on bandpass will do), and then another track for Rack Tom 2, another for floor...

When they're all tuned and triggered, you're going to have to time align the stuff, there's no doubt about it. Triggering from the fundamental will no doubt trigger when the correct toms are hit, but are not as accurate transient-wise as triggering from a higher frequency.

Good luck. I just spent a good few hours triggering new drum samples for a location recording of a high school tribute to the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album. I feel your pain.

JK

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search