The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FF800
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

FF800

Is the Fireface 800 that much better than the MOTU 896HD? Can you use more than one FF800 at the same time at 192/24? How about a FF800 and another 192capable card (like a MOTU 896HD) and run both at 192/24?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

yes, yes, no, no.
But that is just my opinion.

Last edited by Slaytex; 7th February 2007 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

based on?
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Nut

It is possible to run 3 Firefaces at the same time, but only on the Firewire 800 buss (says manual). The limiting factor will most likely be your computer.

Regards Hermann
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
based on?
I'm confused. You asked is the FF800 better than the Motu 896HD..... I said yes, in my opinion. I prefer the FF800 pre's and converters over it hands down. I only use the FF800 pre's for scratch track stuff or tom pre's since I only have an API 3124 as my go to for everything at the moment. I do kick, snare and OH's through the 3124, then toms plus a room mic on the FF800 pre's... Sounds great.
Good luck.
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Sorry, I meant the last 2 "no's"
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

When having 2 different cards running at once you will have driver issues as an app. can only see one (as far as I know). I do know that you can run a RME 9652 and a 9632 at once under MME. Anyway the FF800 is a great rock solid interface with a ton of flexibility. If you don't need mobility or the option of running it on multiple computers I would look into getting a multiface or digiface or hell even both since they are PCI based and will achieve even better stability and latency. I use direct monitoring in Nuendo, so latency is not an issue at all and everything is compensated for flawlessly.
Hope this helps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search