The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any Info on Remastered Beatles CD's???
Old 7th February 2007
Any Info on Remastered Beatles CD's???

Just got my copy of "Recording the Beatles" and it's worth every penny! The amount of detail contained in this book is staggering. Anyone interested in audio recording (even if you're not a Beatles fan) would appreciate this book...

Which brings me to the subject of this post. Does anyone have any information as to when the remastered Beatles CD's will be released? Also, any idea as to wether the reissues will have bonus goodies like out takes or alternate versions not included on the Anthology collections?....I'm dying to have a mono version of Sgt. Pepper (which according to Geoff Emerick is the definitve mix)...
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

I just bought the Sgt Peppers DVD recently - it's got all the definitive mix versions, including the famous mono one. (Yes - you can hear a bit of phasing in Lucy in the Sky ...) It's also got a lot of interesting video footage i've never seen before. Very nice, I hope they release a few more albums this way.

EDIT - just tried to Google it for you, but all I can find is that fekked up 1978 Peter Frampton & Beegees disaster.

I'll check it out when I get home - I feel priviliged to have something that seems hard to get ...

And I love "Recording The Beatles" - I pre-ordered and got the cool bonus stuff.
Old 19th February 2007
Here for the gear

Not yet, but I'm fairly pessimistic. Are they going to remaster to downgrade the sound-files to MP3's and MP4's? I hope they use the original tapes and make decent remasters/remixes from that.
If you download a bittorrent-client you can download the mono-version of Peppers just about anywhere! AND the sound very punchy and 'rocking' !

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search