The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Columbus OH Sluts, declare yourselves!
Old 10th July 2008
Lives for gear

Hey you losers. I was in Columbus for a year. Now I am south in Cincinnati. I am a studio owner and tasty tasty jazz drummer/multi instrumentalist. I make largely electronic music now.

Peace!

I still come to C-bus every now and then.
Old 10th July 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
I'll be moving to Lancaster which is close to Columbus later this yaer from England. Would be cool to hook up with some of the slutz
When you arrive lets all have a party at my studio ... I sense you're going to need it!
Old 10th July 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
When you arrive lets all have a party at my studio ... I sense you're going to need it!
and bring chocolate HobNobs! they're impossible to get here.
Old 10th July 2008
Gear Maniac

My wife's originally from Lancaster, she's lived in England for about 3-4 years and now we're moving back.

I've spent about 3 months a year for the past few years over there so I know there's nothing going on lol

The only other person I know from columbus is Brett Prince the tattoist who did my Tool Tattoos. Gona need to get a driving license as soon as I get over there or I'll be stranded, not needed to drive before now as we have public transport in England.

Looking forward to it, it's going to be a big change from visiting to living so trying to get all my music stuff together so I can stay on the ball and make new friends

Also iirc you can get chocolate hobnobs and jaffa cakes in Kroger out side lancaster they have a "world foods" section and a lil english section tucked away there
Old 10th July 2008
A hot woman from Lancaster? Now that I can understand. We could still have a party, however.

No place is perfect, but Central Ohio is a great place to live in so many respects ... welcome.
Old 10th July 2008
Lives for gear

Interning at a studio in Newark, east of C-bus and more east of Granville. Probably 40 min drive?

Earthwork Recording Studio

check it out the studio is about a year old and real nice!
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
A hot woman from Lancaster? Now that I can understand. We could still have a party, however.

No place is perfect, but Central Ohio is a great place to live in so many respects ... welcome.
I was checking out your site, you don't live too far from my wife's aunt and uncle. I'll definitely be up for hooking up when I'm over and settled in, alot to sort out visa wise hehe
Old 11th July 2008
Deleted User
55 miles east of Columbus off I70 here.
Old 11th July 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Williams View Post
alot to sort out visa wise hehe
Oh don't get me started ... this administration has made it so hard to get in it's keeping far too many people out. Musicians, grad students, scientists, all kinds of people are being excluded and delayed to a degree that they must exclude themselves. Bush has done more to hurt America's spirit than 100 Bin Ladens ... somewhere in Pakistan a tall, thin man is laughing in his dirty robe at the power of fear. On the bright side, as long as he's not shot first, you may be here for a historic Presidency.
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Head

Ohio Musician

Hey All:

I currently live in Mansfield, Ohio (actually Lexington). I am from Cleveland and played in bands back in the 70's. Actually not to name drop (well...just a little), the first band I played with was called Doanbrook Hotel and our lead vocalist was Marc Cohn (Walking in Memphis). I then played in Columbus, Ohio during the 80's in a band called The Vectors. Played everywhere (remember Gasoline Alley, the Agora, the Newport...and on and on). I now have a real day job (yuck), but I still play keys and now have a Pro Tools Rig. I am doing lots of writing and recording. Just wanted to say 'hey' to all of my fellow Ohio slutz...if anyone needs keyboard tracks....let me know......

PK
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Head

Hi all. I live outside Johnstown now. I've played in rock/classic rock bands in Columbus...although not for the last 5 years (moved to PA, now moved back). I'm a guitar player. Have a slutty guitar arsenal, a couple of basses, and a few choice amps.

I've a home project studio, just a few slutty studio pieces.
-pair of Germanium mic pres, Distressor, Mytek A/D, Lucid D/A, BM6A mkII monitors.

I don't post much here, but I read religiously. Always learning. I'd love to network.
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Nut

we are well the hell on our way to a bitchin' beer night.

although i'll be the first to admit that the recording hobby does indeed attract many different kinds of folks, and the whole concept of a beer night with strangers is a little daunting. like i'm scared i'd be the youngest one there (i'm 25).
Old 11th July 2008
Lives for gear

I live in Athens Ohio (OU pretty much). I was in columbus yesterday. If anyone is ever in athens and needs a place to crash free of beeing raped in an alley on court street, hit me up!

Neil
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Addict

never fear mcsmitty, i too am 25. but none the less, i can drink a beer with anyone.

nick
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Maniac

You guys are all making it easier to make the move

I'll drink with you guys, 28 but I still look like i'm 18. I hate having to bring my iD everywhere meh
Old 11th July 2008
Here for the gear

Hey guys,
I do Post in Columbus and play a little keys.
We have a new facility going up in Grandview.
I'll let you know when the Grand Opening party is !!!

John
brainstormmediainc.com
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightjar View Post
Oh, and Gustav....does the wolf prefer you spit or swallow?
LOL!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search