The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
online purchasing
Old 6th February 2007
Here for the gear

online purchasing

would you recomend buying a guitar online, theres a limit of guitars avalable here, and allot of them really are a rip off, im looking at buying from www.thomann.de/. its in germany but it has good prices, a 30 day return policy and they bump the warenty of everything to 3 years. (excluding strings plectrums ect, obviosly). Has anyone had any good or bad experiences? im just entering unknown terriroty, iv never bought anything online,so id thought id ask first.
cheers
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

Buying things online is fine, but I would never buy an instrument before I had a chance to play it. Period. My two cents.
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear
We have bought large amounts from both Thomann and Music Store in Cologne and both shops have been fantastic. But when I bought a guitar from Music Store, I got a guitar playing friend of mine who happened to work there to pick one for me. And that was for a real Fender. Cheap models vary a great deal in quality and you will just have to buy locally - or take a cheap flight to Cologne or Munich, which would be more fun!
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

+1

thomann or musicstorekoeln are both excellent. I have no problem with buying stuff off of them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search