The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France
Old 12th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France

Hello folks

Today and yesterday (12 and 13 of April 2016) were the Audio Days in Paris, at Studio de la Grande Armée.
It is one of the biggest french pro audio event and some manufacturers of hardware and software have booth where you can try and hear some of their latest release, or classics. Kind of our Namm or Musikmesse

Most of the pieces of gear where presented in Studio A's live room, and some speakers listening was available in the control rooms, or some booth. Very cool, relaxed atmosphere.

Here are few pictures and sometimes comments for most of the manufacturers:

Let me tell you I won't be objective about 2 pieces of gear I really felt in love with today. The Rockruepel Limit.one and the OTO Bam. More about them below!

Hope you guys like the report, please let me know if you have questions, remarks... I'll do my best to answer them!

Cheers,

Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3347.jpg  

Last edited by thomasdf; 15th April 2016 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: updated
Old 13th April 2016
Gear Maniac

I updated the first post!
Old 13th April 2016
Great report!

Many thanks!
Old 14th April 2016
Gear Head

Audio Technica is showing off a completely naked microphone, how racy. Also what's that Schoeps mic that looks like a light bulb?
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Al.so
I tried the Dynax 2 mainly, very versatile compressor / limiter with a brickwall limiter function, and "antidyna" function. Opto based compressor that's worth listening to!
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3327.jpg  

Last edited by thomasdf; 15th April 2016 at 10:06 AM..
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellJPorter View Post
Audio Technica is showing off a completely naked microphone, how racy. Also what's that Schoeps mic that looks like a light bulb?
Haha!

The Schoeps mic is their new "studio vocal" microphone.
V4 U - SCHOEPS.de
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Amadeus
Symphonia speakers, very nice construction (apparently co designed by famous french architect Jean Nouvel) and pretty nice sound... I didn't take time to have a full detailled listening session, but they where quite impressive in that room.
Very natural and detailled, with nice low end extension.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3326.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Amphion
I was quite impressed by the One15 model, drived by the Amphion amplifier. Precise sounding with impressive low and top end for the size, balanced response, and large sweet spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3365.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Analogue Tube, Josephson, Crane Song, Pendulum Audio
AT101: Belgian recreation of the famous Fairchild 670. Built by hand on a 6 months time.
There were also the Crane Song Hedd 192 (I really dig this one...) and Tracker, Pendulum Quartet, and Josephson microphones.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3338.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3337.jpg  

Last edited by thomasdf; 15th April 2016 at 10:11 AM..
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Arturia
Introducing the Microfuse, and new miniature audio interface.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3354.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3356.jpg  

Last edited by thomasdf; 15th April 2016 at 10:09 AM..
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Audio Technica
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3341.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3342.jpg  

Last edited by thomasdf; 15th April 2016 at 10:09 AM..
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

AVID
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3350.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Casawave
Custom assembled audio optimized PCs in super silent and cooled cases
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3340.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Cloud Microphones
Awesome ribbon microphones with a nice background story and ethics. Great sound and look. There was also a couples of Cloudlifters, nice handy tools that gives very interesting results on dynamic and ribbon mics, especially you can use to alter the impedance matching of the mic and preamp.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3343.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3346.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Dangerous Music, Rockruepel
Nice rack of Dangerous Music gear, and one of my favorite of the day: the Rockruepel Limit.one. Really awesome sounding compressor evolved from old Neumann broadcast limiters. Really really nice transformer flavor, and very very musical limiting and even clipping. The construction feels very solid, knob action is smooth and the threshold setting with a multi turn knob is super precise and recall friendly. Very intuitive, simple to use and yet super powerful. Sorry I don't have more precise pics of it, but check their website
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3349.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Digigrid
Partnership between Waves plugins and Digico digital consoles. They offer digital interfaces, as well as dedicated hardware CPU plugin hosts ala UAD. Nice alternative, they support Waves Plugins as well as Plugin Alliance, Flux, and probably more to come soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3363.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

DPA Microphones
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3359.jpg  

Last edited by thomasdf; 15th April 2016 at 10:08 AM..
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Elysia
I took a listen to the Nveloppe.. Very impressive Class A transient designer that sounds really "real" if you want too, or completely un natural if you push it, but always with a lush, full bodied sound.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3345.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3347.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3348.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Flux
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3364.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Hacienda Labs
French based company, they were presenting a mic preamp inspired by the Studer 169 mic pre, with added flavor and options, and a nice chunky Carnhill output transformer, as well as an upgraded clone of the SSL chanel comp. Both of the in 500 format.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3370.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3371.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3372.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Klinger Favre
Outstanding monitors, all designed and hand built by Klinger Favre in France. On top of that, they come in top classy finishes. I really recommend to take a listen to these. Somewhere between hifi and top notch passive studio monitors, very "real" image and dynamics that makes you completely forget about them.
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3373.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Neve
(yes, these are Klinger Favre monitors!)
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3366.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3367.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Many Thanks Thomas!

That was a great event for us audio french guys.

Special mention to the crazy Denis and his OTO Machines, and to the great guys of Elysia Dominik and Tom, and Dangerous cant remember name sorry.
And too many cool guys to talk to there!

Hope to see you all next year!!
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

OTO
Once again, always a big pleasure to chat with the amazing Denis Cazajeux (OTO designer, responsible for the famous Biscuit and many more cool toys). He has amazing stories to tell, and sure knows a lot about early digital gear. He and his team have cooked a really awesome hybrid digital / analog delay called BIM. Definitely worth checking out. Yes.
And the good news is that they are now releasing another cool unit in the same serie called BAM. BAM is a multi engine digital reverb based on the very early digital reverbs (think EMT 250, Quad Eight CPR16, Space Station etc). He went through at least 20 different models, did listening sessions, comparison tests, etc for many years and now it is ready.
And boy it sounds awesome. From lush super long super stereo reverbs to bizarre distorted grainy room or non linear, that box does it all. My other winner gear of the day!
Here are some pictures, the reverb is in its early production stage, so test were done with the prototype
For those of you who are interested in the Biscuit (their analog / digital bit crusher / filter / FX processor / synth) you should hurry because they soon will not be available anymore as the very very last batch is selling fast!
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3331.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3332.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingtheSound View Post
Many Thanks Thomas!

That was a great event for us audio french guys.

Special mention to the crazy Denis and his OTO Machines, and to the great guys of Elysia Dominik and Tom, and Dangerous cant remember name sorry.
And too many cool guys to talk to there!

Hope to see you all next year!!
Great pictures!!! I never dare taking pics of the guys, but you are right, it's nice to show the face of the men behing the gear.
Indeed Denis is a lovely, passionate man. I always end up having fascinating talks about music, gear and technology.
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

PSI Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3329.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3374.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Schoeps
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3352.jpg   Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3353.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Universal Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3351.jpg  
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Maniac

Uvi
Attached Thumbnails
Audio Days 2016 in Paris, France-img_3368.jpg  
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search