The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice on adding Neve style Transformer on a clean path
Old 8th April 2016
Lives for gear

Advice on adding Neve style Transformer on a clean path

Hi-

Im a very happy user of the SSL Sigma+Nucleus. Now with the new software its a full automation and recall console with full hardware control.

The thing i do miss is the 1272 Neve or API type Transformer saturation tone, which by now can be found in several new products like Aurora, Heritage 8 ch rack mixer etc.

The thing is - A. i cant go back from the convenience of automation etc. B. i dont ALWAYS want the Xformer tone on everything...

My thought and wish is to create a 2 ends transformer solution.
One on the individual input channels, with ability to push more or less hard, and one on the summing of it all, again with an option to push more or less to taste given the program material.

Any "off the shelf" products that can help me get there with minimum "extra" features?

If not, any thoughts on the design something like this should have?

Maybe Geoff Tanner can chime in on this?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search