The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TDM for LE? yahoo!
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

TDM for LE? yahoo!

I heard that if I buy the TDM version of AC-2 analog channel (McDsp) that I can use it in LE. What other TDM plugs work this way? I might buy an HD rig one day when my mixing and expertise justifies the expense. I would like to buy as little plug-ins that are only compatible with LE if I plan to one day upgrade.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

i think most TDM plugins will run as RTAS in PT LE.
Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

really? can anyone else confirm this?
Old 6th February 2007
Not all TDM plugs will run in RTAS. I don't have a specific list but I think plugins like Drawmer Dynamics, Echofarm, Ampfarm and ReVibe will only run in TDM. I'm sure there are others. Check the Digidesign.com website and search for plugins that you would want to use in RTAS that you are using in TDM. They have a chart for each plugin that show whats compatible
-nick
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

thanks addynicky. I went to the compatibilty page... all I could see, there was a TDM like at AMPFARM like you said and other plugs like the analog channel never had a TDM so it must be PT LE compatible. My question, If I buy the TDM analog channel plugs now to run on PT LE, when I get a HD system, will I notice a huge difference with the same TDM version of analog channel on the HD system?

In other words, besides HD's special dsp card, higher 192kbs....how will the TDM analog channel plug sound different than when it is used on my PT LE system?

Is there a difference?
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

some TDM plugs that are not RTAS:

Crane Song Phoenix

Eventide Cambridge reverb

Amp Farm
Old 19th February 2007
Lives for gear

Guys.... should I start buying TDM plugs now ( ex: waves renn bundle, or the ssl)
use them in PT LE until I eventually buy HD. Or should I buy the PT LE versions and then upgrade?????
Old 19th February 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzface777 View Post
Guys.... should I start buying TDM plugs now ( ex: waves renn bundle, or the ssl)
use them in PT LE until I eventually buy HD. Or should I buy the PT LE versions and then upgrade?????
Start shopping and you'll see some plug ins are TDM/LE and some are TDM only. This should simplify yer choice(s).

If you don't wanna wait you should just buy a HD setup now and be done with it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search