The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help with Apogee setup !!
Old 5th February 2007
Gear Addict

Help with Apogee setup !!

So i am about to upgrade my PT LE to PT M powered with Profire to have 16 i/o.

I am thinking about getting this:

Apogee ADx 16 and DAx 16 for pre and outboard gear

+

Rosetta 200 for monitoring and sending to Masterlink to record my mix.

My questions:

Instead of getting the ADx and DAx, should i get 2 Rosetta 800 ?? I've heard some people say the ADx and DAx sound 'better' than the Rosetta... Is that true ??

In both these set ups, do i 'need' a Big Ben ?? Will it make any differences whatsoever ??

Sorry, i've only been using my PSX 100 so far so i don't have much experience with converters. However i am not interested in other converter brands. I've always liked the Apogees.

Thanks for your help !!
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallplexi View Post
So i am about to upgrade my PT LE to PT M powered with Profire to have 16 i/o.

I am thinking about getting this:

Apogee ADx 16 and DAx 16 for pre and outboard gear

+

Rosetta 200 for monitoring and sending to Masterlink to record my mix.

My questions:

Instead of getting the ADx and DAx, should i get 2 Rosetta 800 ?? I've heard some people say the ADx and DAx sound 'better' than the Rosetta... Is that true ??

In both these set ups, do i 'need' a Big Ben ?? Will it make any differences whatsoever ??

Sorry, i've only been using my PSX 100 so far so i don't have much experience with converters. However i am not interested in other converter brands. I've always liked the Apogees.

Thanks for your help !!
Personally the AD/DA-16x sounds better due to the superior clock and analog stage. Since you are getting 16 channels I say go for the AD/DA-16x. With this setup I to pass on the Big Ben, the AD/DA-16x already has the Big Ben clock.

If you were to get a Rosetta 800 I would suggest checking out a Big Ben. A lot of people debate whether a Big Ben will improve a Rosetta 800. So I suggest listening to it yourself.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search