The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is this your next synth?
Old 5th February 2007
Old 5th February 2007

thats really cool

the screen he is using may be the new multitouch technology like on the lemur - or at least it appears to - it might be a single touch at a time interface - couldnt tell from the demo - multitouch is awesome on the lemur interfaced with Kyma - the Continuum Fingerboard is also hot with Kyma -
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

thats pretty cool

makes me want to go play with a dopfler
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

wow it's amazing!
but it's got to be hell expensive.
The user interface is really great. I want to hear an mp3 patch demo.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABGen View Post
thats really cool

the screen he is using may be the new multitouch technology like on the lemur - or at least it appears to - it might be a single touch at a time interface - couldnt tell from the demo - multitouch is awesome on the lemur interfaced with Kyma - the Continuum Fingerboard is also hot with Kyma -
Wow, very cool indeed!

http://www.twelfthroot.com/explorati...murdemo01.html
Old 5th February 2007
Gear Addict

My 3 year old would LOVE that! Me though? I'd be afraid to lose parts of the "Synthesizer" (Probably end up in my son's toy bin).

Kinda cool in a star trek/minority report kinda way. Though I never got the whole just making noises, bleeps, and bloops kinda thing.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

conceptually...........

I think this thing is pure genius, I love the whole "sci-fi" vibe about it and even if for the moment it would appeal more to the "dance music" genre, I think in it's concept it has potential to "cross over" once it's evolved a bit more "harmonically". I sure would love to have one in my studio. Who wouldn't? Just for the incredible interface experience alone!!

Reality? I think this may be another hoax along the lines of that incredible "rhythm section machine" that was allegedly created by some USA Engineering faculty. I'm sure a few of you have seen it. It's a series of golf size balls being synchronized and ejected by these fantastic "Rube Goldberg" machines,hitting and playing instruments and drums. It was nuts!! Ended up being a hoax and just the brilliant imagination of some computer graphics and FX wiz team. I still loved it! Hopefully not the case here, but I'm not too sure. Still brilliant none the less.......peace?
Old 6th February 2007
Here for the gear

I'm building a reactable right now and was wondering how much some of you guys would pay for one.
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm building a reactable right now and was wondering how much some of you guys would pay for one.
What interface(s) do you plan for it to have? That is, how will you connect sound modules to it and what protocol will it speak to the modules?

thx,

-synthoid
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruffleKing View Post
Is this your next synth?
Short answer: yes.

Not really, but yes, I want one.
Old 7th February 2007
Airwindows

I think it's real, but there ain't much to it really. It is a bizarre interface on a very basic modular synth.

Rather than performing on it, I think the real art would be to put it out and let the audience play with the little blocks or kids.
Old 7th February 2007
Gear Nut

hmmm...

It looks fantastic - I don't want to hate, but it looks like a bite on James Patten's idea from a few years ago -

http://www.jamespatten.com/audiopad/

Both are so next level that I would punch my girlfriend in the stomach for either one.
Old 28th July 2007
Lives for gear

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKZ1e3xrPOo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKZ1e3xrPOo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Quote:
Icelandic singer Björk incorporates the reactable as a key instrument of her Volta world tour

With her first tour concert at the Coachella Festival in California, the Icelandic singer Björk introduced the reactable for the first time to a mainstream audience. Our instrument will form a key element of the artist's current world tour "Volta" which will appear at numerous music festivals during the next 18 months.
Old 28th July 2007
Lives for gear

I've gotta say, that Bjork herself sounds horrid in that clip. The music is interesting, and I normally like her, but for the first minute of just hearing her saying, "Declare independence, don't let them do that to you" in a speaking tone, and not even really singing a note for the entire song... just boring.

I wish that the company that makes the Retractable would actually let the rest of the world have them too. I have to admit that I hate it when they play favorites and won't let other paying customers get the products.
Old 28th July 2007
Lives for gear

I like this thing.

Heres another thread about it

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elect...-rectable.html
Old 28th July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon View Post
I've gotta say, that Bjork herself sounds horrid in that clip.... just boring.
Have you heard Volta?
Old 4th October 2010
Lives for gear

check this guy using it....

it's a pretty decent modular synth/sampler engine with an awesome interface... and it's an electronic instrument that allows for a lot of experimentation and even live improvisation...

i want one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search