The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stupid Posting Question
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Stupid Posting Question

Hey Guys

Just noticed that most, if not all my posts still display the "edit" button. I looked up the question in FAQ couldn't find an answer. Could someone direct me to an answer, or tell me what I'm doing that's stupid......thanks
Old 4th February 2007

AFAIK the edit button is only shown to you so that at any time (or is there a time limit?) you can edit your own posts.

I just used my edit button to add the following:
Edit buttons seem to be available without time limit as I just searched out a 4 year old thread and my edit button was still on my post.
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sutton View Post
AFAIK the edit button is only shown to you so that at any time (or is there a time limit?) you can edit your own posts.

I just used my edit button to add the following:
Edit buttons seem to be available without time limit as I just searched out a 4 year old thread and my edit button was still on my post.

Thanks for the response. But as you can see above at my post---the "edit" button is still visible. What's up with that? What am I doing wrong? ....bizarre.....
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Only YOU can see the edit button for YOUR posts. No one else can see the edit button.

2 possible reasons for this:

1- the forum is allowing you to edit your own posts, so you can go back to correct you posts at any time.

2- you need to consult a psychiatrist as you may be delusional and seeing things

Question: can you see the edit button for anyone else's post? If not, then go with possibility no. 1, if so then go with no. 2.
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
Only YOU can see the edit button for YOUR posts. No one else can see the edit button.

2 possible reasons for this:

1- the forum is allowing you to edit your own posts, so you can go back to correct you posts at any time.

2- you need to consult a psychiatrist as you may be delusional and seeing things

Question: can you see the edit button for anyone else's post? If not, then go with possibility no. 1, if so then go with no. 2.

Hopefully number one is the answer. if not--any good psychiatrist recommendations?.....peace...
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Thankfully I don't know of any.

But then maybe I should?
Old 4th February 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay View Post
as you can see above at my post---the "edit" button is still visible.
Oh yeah. I do see your edit button. Wow that's weird!

Just kidding. I think Chrisc_o explained it better than me.
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sutton View Post
Oh yeah. I do see your edit button. Wow that's weird!

Just kidding. I think Chrisc_o explained it better than me.

KIDDING!! ......Just kidding? ........You're JUST kidding? .....Are you serious?
Just ate a handful of prozacs.....****!............what's the number for 911?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search