The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Question about Drumagog
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Question about Drumagog

I just bought Drumagog and there's one thing that really bugs me. OK, i insert drumagog on a drum track, the interface comes up....i start tweaking different parameters..if i want to access to PT ( like just simply hit space bar for playback) i need to click again on the PT window.
So basically when i'm on the Drumagog interface, i loose all PT control unless i click on PT window AGAIN to activate it. This is a PITA if you want to make small ajustment on Drumagog and still have access to protools, for example... i want to start-stop playback at a specific point in PT while ajusting Drumagog. Is there a way to acheive this ??? Thanks
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
I just bought Drumagog and there's one thing that really bugs me. OK, i insert drumagog on a drum track, the interface comes up....i start tweaking different parameters..if i want to access to PT ( like just simply hit space bar for playback) i need to click again on the PT window.
So basically when i'm on the Drumagog interface, i loose all PT control unless i click on PT window AGAIN to activate it. This is a PITA if you want to make small ajustment on Drumagog and still have access to protools, for example... i want to start-stop playback at a specific point in PT while ajusting Drumagog. Is there a way to acheive this ??? Thanks
Are you on a Mac or PC? This was a bug on the Mac's but it was fixed a couple of revisions back.

Log into the Drumagog forums and ask Rim if there is a fix or if your the only one having problems. Rim is very very great at fixing problems when they crop up. As a matter of fact his customer service is one of the best in the business.

Michael Greene
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

I'm on Mac with the latest version of Drumagog. I guess i'll call him tomorrow and see what's up.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm on Mac with the latest version of Drumagog. I guess i'll call him tomorrow and see what's up.
Yes that is odd. I am at the latest version and I am not having the same problems.

Give them a buzz and see what they say.

Michael Greene
Old 5th February 2007
Gear Guru

Yeah,thats wierd..the old version did that..sounds like you need to make sure you running verion 4.09
go to the gog website a download the latest version and you'll be fine
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

I do have the latest version ( 4.09 ). BTW, how do you know if you have the Basic or Pro version ??? I bought the Pro version via their site and did the authorisation via email....but after reading the manual, it says that i should be able to choose between the Drumagog plug or the DrumagogFixed Latency plug. I see both in my plug-in folder but on the insert i only see the Drumagog plug and not the Fixed latency version.
Also, when you change the setting from basic to advanced, you have to quit Pt and start PT again for the application to determine the exact delay. Is this normal ??? Man, i thought Drumgog was intuitive but so far it seems like a REAL PITA to use this plug for very basic drum replacement....digi old drum replacement is sooo much better and simpler....
Old 5th February 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Also, when you change the setting from basic to advanced, you have to quit Pt and start PT again for the application to determine the exact delay. Is this normal ??? Man, i thought Drumgog was intuitive but so far it seems like a REAL PITA to use this plug for very basic drum replacement....digi old drum replacement is sooo much better and simpler....
No thats not right..and when it works right,its much easier/better than drumreraper..
I haven't opened drumreplacer in months.
you need to contact Rim for support,He'll sort you out.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
No thats not right..and when it works right,its much easier/better than drumreraper..
Definitely better .. but not definitely easier. The interface/graphics etc. on a Mac are just not up to scratch, it's non-intuitive, doesn't function like other plugs in PT, many of the controls are difficult to work/make work with the mouse, tiny buttons, multiple screens, overly complicated, the save/load options are non-Maclike, etc. etc.

Love the plug, hate using it.
Old 5th February 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing81 View Post
Definitely better .. but not definitely easier. The interface/graphics etc. on a Mac are just not up to scratch, it's non-intuitive, doesn't function like other plugs in PT, many of the controls are difficult to work/make work with the mouse, tiny buttons, multiple screens, overly complicated, the save/load options are non-Maclike, etc. etc.

Love the plug, hate using it.

Cool..i'll agree to disagree..it doesn't function like other plugs because it's very deep w/ lots of functions,thus clicking extra pages/screens are needed w/out taking up a ton of screen space..
FWIW,i think it's a breeze to use.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

well, it does not function like many other plugs because, under the hood, it's really a VST plug-ins. Therefore it also uses some sort of a VST-RTAS wrapper, therefore if there are issues with the wrapper, well the plug itself will suffer. Some of the problems i'm experiencing right now is due to the wrapper ( just found that out from the people at Drumagog ) and apparently they fix it with PT 7 but NOT in PT 6....so i'm sort of screw, of course, you only find this out AFTER buying...not very happy.
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Cool..i'll agree to disagree..it doesn't function like other plugs because it's very deep w/ lots of functions,thus clicking extra pages/screens are needed w/out taking up a ton of screen space..
FWIW,i think it's a breeze to use.
I agree. It is a breeze to use here also. Makes Soundreplacer a joke and I haven't opened it in months either.

While it may be a drag that your using PT 6.XX and they haven't fixed that I would say that if you can it is worth an upgrade to 7.2 at least. Unless your running a mix system then you obviously can't.

I haven't upgraded to 7.3 and still won't until I get some firm answers to some of the bugs but I am running 7.2 and Drumagog without any issues at all.

Good luck with it,
Michael Greene
Old 6th February 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGreene Audio View Post
I agree. It is a breeze to use here also. Makes Soundreplacer a joke and I haven't opened it in months either.

While it may be a drag that your using PT 6.XX and they haven't fixed that I would say that if you can it is worth an upgrade to 7.2 at least. Unless your running a mix system then you obviously can't.

I haven't upgraded to 7.3 and still won't until I get some firm answers to some of the bugs but I am running 7.2 and Drumagog without any issues at all.

Good luck with it,
Michael Greene
I'm running 7.3/Gog 4.09 .all is wellthumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search