The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gefell m930 vs tlm 103 and m930 ts vs U87
Old 8th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
Shut up and post some WAVs y'all!

I did a rough'n'ready shoot-out between these two mics on V/O for this Forum 10+ years ago.

I'll repost here:

Microtech Gefell M930 vs Neumann TLM103

No point in keeping it blind as I already posted results, but have a listen anyways if you're interested.
Took another listen to this great VO shootout on our big monitors, really helpful and I wish more mic manufacturers would do simple tests instead of big productions. I can rarely tell anything from most of them.

The TLM 103 sounds a bit more 3D, not quite as mid forward as the M930 which would make the choice voice dependent. The Gefell has a slightly bigger sound because of the mid range and I still wonder what a transformer would do for the Gefell.

If anyone has a Gefell M930T, just a simple reading of the manual would do.
Is the the extra $3-400 worth the upgrade. I always like great transformers but this mic still remains a mystery.
Old 9th March 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeefe1032 View Post
Took another listen to this great VO shootout on our big monitors, really helpful and I wish more mic manufacturers would do simple tests instead of big productions. I can rarely tell anything from most of them.

The TLM 103 sounds a bit more 3D, not quite as mid forward as the M930 which would make the choice voice dependent. The Gefell has a slightly bigger sound because of the mid range and I still wonder what a transformer would do for the Gefell.

If anyone has a Gefell M930T, just a simple reading of the manual would do.
Is the the extra $3-400 worth the upgrade. I always like great transformers but this mic still remains a mystery.
Where are you?

In the UK you can try them for yourself.
Old 9th March 2017
I'm in the Wash DC area and no one carries this line around here. I purchased one from VKing but it came in dead, no sound. Once I finally get a refund, I'll just have to make a decision or move on.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search