The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
some clarification about the presonus studiolive AI line?
Old 26th March 2016
Here for the gear

some clarification about the presonus studiolive AI line?

I´ve been reading up on the studiolive AI line, but I´m still a bit comfused about a few thing.

Atm I run a Fokusrite LS56 with an oktapre dynamics II and a Behringer 8ch pre. I mostly record bands, and find the Fokusrite setup a bit cumbersome, with phantompower groupet to four chanels at the time etc, and would love to have some kind of mixer fuktinality while tracking, like phase switching and phantom power available on each channel etc. Some basic Eq and compression would be nice, but not super important.

1. Can the studiolive boards function as a proper interface?

2. Will I be able to record with the fat channel into Logic? Or wil I just get the clean uneffectet signal?

3. Can I feed the already recorded sound back to the monitor section? For instace send the alredy recorded drums to headphones while overdubing guitars and so on? I like to remap drums etc, would the monitor section be good for this as well?

4. Say I record vocals, will the monitor signal of the vocals be routed trough logic, or be a direct feed from the board? This is a feature on the focusrite I relay like, as the latency runing my vocals trough Logic sometimes realy trows me of.

5. While tracking singers, can I put reverb on one of the buses, so the singer can get a bit reverb while tracking, but not send the reverb to Logic?
Old 29th March 2016
Here for the gear

No one?
Old 10th April 2016
Here for the gear

bump
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search