The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer vs. Great River MixMaster20
Old 26th March 2016
Here for the gear

Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer vs. Great River MixMaster20

Can anyone share insights as to how these compare based purely on sound? I read on a lot of reviews online that the Chandler online, one of which said the Chandler sounded exactly like an old api console just warmer, and another that said it is indistinguishable from an old Neve console. Perhaps it can sound like either depending on how hard one drives it?

I have been reading a lot that the Great River sounds a lot like an old Neve too but slightly different. I have also read the Great River has a very muscular sound and creates a nice 3d mix but I would imagine the Chandler does the same.

Is there anyone with extra insights about these and potentially even sound samples?

Thank you!
Old 26th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druummer View Post
Can anyone share insights as to how these compare based purely on sound? I read on a lot of reviews online that the Chandler online, one of which said the Chandler sounded exactly like an old api console just warmer, and another that said it is indistinguishable from an old Neve console. Perhaps it can sound like either depending on how hard one drives it?

I have been reading a lot that the Great River sounds a lot like an old Neve too but slightly different. I have also read the Great River has a very muscular sound and creates a nice 3d mix but I would imagine the Chandler does the same.

Is there anyone with extra insights about these and potentially even sound samples?

Thank you!
The Chandler Limited Mini Rack Mixer, it's not Neve or API in sound; you have a TG Channel MKII and have had a TG2 correct?
Old 9th April 2016
Here for the gear

Yes I have Chandler Mkii's which I love. I am very familiar with that sound which is why I find it interesting that the reviews mentioned api and neve.

I am very torn between these two mixers and am trying to find some way to compare their sounds.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search