The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
High End Opinions
Old 3rd February 2007
Here for the gear

High End Opinions

Have you noticed that anytime someone comes on here with a strong opinion their threads get deleted.

I noticed that Sound Bloke recently made a comeback. Within 24 hours of him reappearing his posts had been deleted.

I have known sound bloke for years and he's one of the most respected professionals in the industry.

The fact that he tends to be gruff and opinionated is no reason to silence him. In fact he's bloody funny and adds a bit of lightness to this forum. It makes a nice change from the usual bunch of anoraks wanking on about pre amps and compressors. Products which strangely enough, tend to be made by manufacturers that advertise on gearsluts!

This isn't a forum it's a hype factory.

Bring back Sound Bloke - if anybody out there has read Sound Blokes posts and had a good laugh, put up a post to say "SAVE SOUND BLOKE." Let's wage a campaign.
Old 3rd February 2007
Harmless Wacko

He's Australian.

How can he be one of the most respected guys in the industry?

Unless it's the drinking industry.

HOHOHO.

Sorry. Waiting for the band to arrive.

Losing mind.

Anyhoo. Sure. Bring him back. I didn't see any of his posts.

SM.
Old 3rd February 2007
Here for the gear

Fairlight, Lake DSP, Bruce Jackson (who started Apogee), Fairly Arrow - need I say more!
Old 3rd February 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Engineer View Post
Bring back Sound Bloke - if anybody out there has read Sound Blokes posts and had a good laugh, put up a post to say "SAVE SOUND BLOKE." Let's wage a campaign.
Sound Bloke is just an extremist jerk, and I guess that's why he got "moderated" several times. There's no way to have a constructive discussion with that kind of guy, who knows everything better than anyone and who just feels free to insult almost everyone around. I've been hating those arrogant people ever since I was in primary school, and I really don't give a damn whether they are highly respected in the industry or whatever... dfegad

There are lots of people on that forum who are generously sharing their experience with others and I've learned so much myself since one year I can't even remember how I was working before, so if you're shocked by the ads and if you do believe that Gearslutz is a "hype factory", I think you'd better save your energy for a worse injustice to fight against !...

Olivier.
Old 3rd February 2007
Here for the gear

I see that you are French and you talk about arrogance! Mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Just got to say Serge Gainsbourg was god, Chateau Margaux sublime, and bourride in a harbourside cafe in Nice unbeatable!

But let's face it Jean Claude, there's not a lot of French audio gear, your cars are just one step up from wheelbarrows and as far as people go - well let's think back to Murrarowa Atol!
Old 3rd February 2007
Old 3rd February 2007
Old 4th February 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
I see that you are French and you talk about arrogance! Mhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Just got to say Serge Gainsbourg was god, Chateau Margaux sublime, and bourride in a harbourside cafe in Nice unbeatable!

But let's face it Jean Claude, there's not a lot of French audio gear, your cars are just one step up from wheelbarrows and as far as people go - well let's think back to Murrarowa Atol!
Did I say anything about Australian people ? I don't think so !!!...

Anyway, you can bash French people as much as you like, I've heard that before (and even worse !) and I don't care, I've travelled all over the world enough to figure that there was just about the same proportion of morons in every country... And they are always the same ignorant ones who use that kind of stupid clichés all the time !... It's freakin' scary but whatcha gonna do ?!...

I raise my beret to you !...

Olivier.

NB : by the way the right spelling is Mururoa Atoll...
Old 4th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Being knowledeable and being respected within an industry, plus, as in your words, the person in question "tends to be gruff and opinionated", doesn't qualify him as having the necessary communication skills usually needed to "survive" comfortably on an internet forum. Oddly enough, your response to Grizzly could put you in the same apparent dickhead category as Sound Bloke .

The French arrogant? Maybe some of us Aussies are just rude, opinionated vaginal orifices.

Have a nice day!!!

Old 4th February 2007
This is what the 'Moan Zone' forum is for.
Old 4th February 2007
Here for the gear

Then Sound Bloke's posts should have been moved to there but instead they were just deleted! It's almost as if John Howard is moderating this forum!
Old 5th February 2007
Quote:
Sound bloke, Sound F bloke and Aussie Engineer - all share the same IP addresses.
Old 6th February 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Sound bloke, Sound F bloke and Aussie Engineer - all share the same IP addresses.
Nice!

Old 6th February 2007
Lives for gear

Finally, we have proof: V.B. consumption leads to Multiple Personality Disorder.
Old 6th February 2007
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post

So does that mean that Sound Bloke wasn't one of the most respected people in the industry? heh
Old 9th February 2007
Lives for gear

I think they share the IP address because the backward land of OZ only has dial up for internet access!

yeah the odd place has broadband, but I'm amazed how little and the cost is very high.

Otherwise I have met several people out here claiming to be Sound Bloke although most of them seem to be homeless ice heads who offer shoe shine

"My guess is we'll never hear from him again"
Old 10th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeCained View Post
I think they share the IP address because the backward land of OZ only has dial up for internet access!

yeah the odd place has broadband, but I'm amazed how little and the cost is very high.

Otherwise I have met several people out here claiming to be Sound Bloke although most of them seem to be homeless ice heads who offer shoe shine

tutt
Old 10th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

In pitt st Mall or @ central station by chance?

Actually The pitt st mall shoe shine man does a top shelf job and i happily pay him to shine my shoes!
Old 10th February 2007
Thinking of changing my Gearslutz handle to PomBloke, especially after last night.
Whaddya think?
heh

By the way, I'm capable of being gruff and opinionated.
Will I therefore be respected in the industry?
Old 10th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
Thinking of changing my Gearslutz handle to PomBloke, especially after last night.
Whaddya think?
heh

By the way, I'm capable of being gruff and opinionated.
Will I therefore be respected in the industry?
nah... just give me Q8's... i think that will suffice!
heh
Old 10th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

You're just sore... cos we whip you at every sport you taught us!
Heck... even New Zealand gave it a go!
Old 11th February 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtone View Post
You're just sore... cos we whip you at every sport you taught us!
Becoming resigned to it more like.
Old 19th February 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:

The only broadband I've heard of is absorbers. Am I missing something?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search