The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Furman PQ-3, Greenface, schematic needed, broken, help!
Old 21st March 2016
Gear Head

Furman PQ-3, Greenface, schematic needed, broken, help!

hey there, anyone out there have a schematic for a vintage greenface furman pq3? mine is broken. it's not passing any audio and has a constant low to midrange sounding hum/buzz. nothing changes this hum when you turn any of the knobs, have anything plugged into the input or output....i've replaced the two biggest filter caps, checked grounds, cleaned the potsm checked for damaged wiring or touching wires etc., everything looks good inside and untouched.....any help or advice is appreciated.
Old 25th March 2016
Gear Head

anyone?
Old 2nd April 2016
Gear Head

bump
Old 5th April 2016
Gear Head

bumper
Old 6th April 2016
Have you tried Furman themselves?
Old 7th April 2016
Gear Head

no i haven't contacted furman. figured i'd check here first and didn't know if they keep things that old haha. thanks!
Old 15th April 2016
Gear Head

anybody else?
Old 23rd April 2016
Gear Head

bump
Old 23rd April 2016
Lives for gear

If you contact Furman about any of their out of production units, they will send you all the docs they have.
I got this a couple years ago to fix my PQ-6. They replied in a day or two. You probably could've gotten these along time ago
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PQ3_manual.pdf (6.05 MB, 1623 views) File Type: pdf PQ-3 WIRING.pdf (1.26 MB, 328 views)
Old 24th April 2016
Gear Head

hey thanks!!! checked out your site @ mexicola . way cool!!!
Old 25th April 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpilbeam View Post
hey thanks!!! checked out your site @ mexicola . way cool!!!
Thanks!
Old 7th June 2016
Here for the gear

Hi,

I used to own a green PQ3 and also did warranty work on them. I can probably answer some other questions, they were great units. Wish I hadn't sold mine, that was a big mistake !

Here's my schematic hopefully I got it to upload - the first ones had TIS 97/98 transistors for outputs IIRC.

Cheers,
dave
Attached Thumbnails
Furman PQ-3, Greenface, schematic needed, broken, help!-furman_pq3_small.jpg  

Last edited by davidg25; 7th June 2016 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: to get my file uploaded
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search