The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Fat ear canals and hearing loss
Old 3rd February 2007
Here for the gear

Fat ear canals and hearing loss

I have gained about 100 lbs over the past 18 months and am suffering from some hearing loss. This sounds crazy, but my ear canals are actually fat and swollen. Have you guys heard of this before? This is causing my mixes to suffer a great deal. Everything sounds muffled.

I am thinking that some stints in my ears could push back the fat enough to let me hear again so I can get back to mixing.

Do you guys have any advise or thoughts on this? I can't imagine that I'm the only fat engineer out there. Surely someone has heard of this problem before.

Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2007
Lives for gear

this a joke.

I'm no doctor...but it's not a HEARING problem you have. you, my friend, have an eating problem.

go see a dietitian before you go to the ENT clinic.
Old 3rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesNeedsGear View Post

I'm no doctor...but it's not a HEARING problem you have. you, my friend, have an eating problem.
There are other reasons (medical problems...) someone could gain 100 lbs. in eighteen months and I think most of them would be well served with a bit of sensetivity.
Old 3rd February 2007

100 pounds in 18 months is a real problem. Have you talked to a regular doctor about this issue?

-tINY

Old 3rd February 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NesNeedsGear View Post
this a joke.

go see a dietitian before you go to the ENT clinic.
Dude, You suck.

I do need to cut back on the porkchops though. In fact, I plan to start a weight loss program next week. That is the long term solution.

In the mean time, I think the stints in my big nasty ear canals would push back the fat enough to let me hear enough to knock down some of my rap mixes that are needing to be finished up.

I might post some before and after pics of my ear canals so you guys can track my progress. I mean, right now my UE10s wont fit at all. But after I rid myself of this putrid, stinking, ear canal fat, they will fit like a glove.

A little piece of advise: don't ever let your ear canal fat get out of control man.
Old 3rd February 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINY View Post

100 punds in 18 months is a real problem. Have you talked to a regular doctor about this issue?

-tINY

Yea bro, starting a plan on Monday. Thanks.
Old 3rd February 2007
Here for the gear

Seriously,

This fellow engineer buddy of mine just doesn't get it. One time we were listenting to some fine sounding mixes to tune my room. He sedated me with cupcakes and proceeded to pour hot, tasty butter right into my ears and then put on some Steely Dan just to watch me cry, because he knows how much I love those sonics. What a heartless jerk!

I think some of that butter is still up in there right now.
Old 3rd February 2007
Lives for gear

this is a joke, right???
Old 3rd February 2007
Lives for gear

Don't know about the extra butter.... maybe you could burn it out?
I like butter on waffles

Steve
Old 3rd February 2007
Yes.
Old 3rd February 2007
Gear Guru

Anything that reduces your circulation can affect your hearing.

This sudden weight gain sounds like there might be something else going on.

It is also quite possible that your hearing loss has nothing at all to do with your weight, but rather with the amount of exposure to sound.
Old 3rd February 2007
Gear Guru

Anything that reduces your circulation can affect your hearing.

This sudden weight gain sounds like there might be something else going on.

It is also quite possible that your hearing loss has nothing at all to do with your weight, but rather with the amount of exposure to sound.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search