The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Who wants to finish mixing my band's project?
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Who wants to finish mixing my band's project?

As of this morning, I need to find a mixer asap as the person we had unfortunately had to stop working on the project. I had someone who was working on my band's album but for some unforseen circumstances he can no longer finish the task due to heavy time constraints and conflicts with his schedule, as well as impending opportunites that have come his way.

We don't have a huge budget and the payment will be coming out of our own pockets so we have to realistically find someone who can charge us according to our very meagre financial situaltion.

We need to get the 4 remaining songs mixed as the first fellow we had was able to complete 3 for us.

The music is alt-rock/experimental pop.

It would be nice to have analog comps, effects and EQ's used when possible as the original mixer was doing everything with outboard processing and working on a console. I would like to keep the vibe we had going with the completed songs, but understandably the songs will ineveitably sound different, but due to our very small budget that might be asking the impossible.

I will provide an MP3 in this thread for anyone interested to listen to, or you can check out our MySpace link in my signature and check the songs out there.

I'm pretty bummed out our first guy couldn't finish the project but that is the way things happen sometimes.

Please feel free to PM me or post in this thread with any questions if you are interested in helping us out and taking on the remainder of this project.

Edit: Budget is unfortuneately only around $500ish for the remaining 4 songs.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

MP3's will be posted shortly as I'm having problems uploading them for some strange reason. Check the MySpace link for now. Sorry.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

I'd offer as I'm probably cheaper then anyone on here, but we don't have any analogue gear other than our main console and a little Joemeek comp unfortunatly.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

All you need is to pay the band's air fare!

BTW, good luck Colin
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Addict

i will mix your **** man. let me know if you want to hear my work.
Old 2nd February 2007
Gear Head

C/G, i PM'd you.

cheers,
federico
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/G View Post
As of this morning, I need to find a mixer asap as the person we had unfortunately had to stop working on the project. I had someone who was working on my band's album but for some unforseen circumstances he can no longer finish the task due to heavy time constraints and conflicts with his schedule, as well as impending opportunites that have come his way.

We don't have a huge budget and the payment will be coming out of our own pockets so we have to realistically find someone who can charge us according to our meagre financial situaltion.

We need to get the 4 remaining songs mixed as the first fellow we had was able to complete 3 for us.

The music is alt-rock/experimental pop.

All I ask for is analog comps, effects and EQ's used when possible as the original mixer was doing everything with outboard processing and working on a console. I would like to keep the vibe we had going with the completed songs, but understandably the songs will ineveitably sound different.

I will provide an MP3 in this thread for anyone interested to listen to, or you can check out our MySpace link in my signature and check the songs out there.

I'm pretty bummed out our first guy couldn't finish the project but that is the way things happen sometimes.

Please feel free to PM me or post in this thread with any questions if you are interested in helping us out and taking on the remainder of this project.
I onlt mix smooth jazz, R&b and country right now. PM if it is a match.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

I should note that the previous mixer was throwing us a serious bone and was hardly charging us anything at $100 US per song simply because he liked the music and loves to mix. It wasn't really a money thing for him which was good for us, but now the situation has changed and I think our good luck has run out.

I don't want to waste any one's time and I realized I didn't put our projected budget in my original post but we can afford $500 for the remaining 4 songs and maybe a bit more.

We are really between a rock and a hardplace with this project due to extremely tight budget constraints.

I want to thank all who have expressed interest so far.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Just a question. Was that song "familiar stranger" mixed by the mixer that couldn't finish the project?
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

how about you post up the files so anyone who wants to mix it can..set a deadline- and we can submit our mixes and you can pay whoever you like! haha

or you can just pay someone else to do it, and i'll still mix it on my spare time for kicks..

share the project files!
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmostynx View Post
how about you post up the files so anyone who wants to mix it can..set a deadline- and we can submit our mixes and you can pay whoever you like! haha

or you can just pay someone else to do it, and i'll still mix it on my spare time for kicks..

share the project files!
That is a good idea.

I think I found somebody to finish it for us.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flail19 View Post
Just a question. Was that song "familiar stranger" mixed by the mixer that couldn't finish the project?
Yes it was.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

I have had an unbelievable and overwhelming response from you fellow GS'ers about my predicament. I can't believe how many of you guys are willing to help myself and my band out with our depressing budget.

I'm going to have to have a time out on this thread until I sort through all the reponses and contact some people. I think I found someone willing to take it on.

I have to give a warm thank you to everyone who has had interest in helping me out and If I could, I'd buy a few rounds of drinks for all of you.

It sure is nice to know people are still willing to help out strangers and do things just for the music.

You are all truly unbelievable and I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Best wishes to all.
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

For that amount, you'll be lucky to find someone with loads of outboard...
Unless that person does it for kicks, could happen!
I mix itb, shoot me a pm if you want.

Cheers,
Old 2nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozion View Post
For that amount, you'll be lucky to find someone with loads of outboard...
Unless that person does it for kicks, could happen!
That is the plan. We need pity. At that price we are lucky to get all ITB. Things are looking up though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search