The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tonelux Test...
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Cool, thanks. I have seen the Sterling Modular website, but has anyone seen any actual photos of what Paul was describing?
Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Shepperd View Post
Cool, thanks. I have seen the Sterling Modular website, but has anyone seen any actual photos of what Paul was describing?
Bumping this question, I'd like to see this as well.

I'd like to add a question. What material is the console made of, wood or particle board? Thanks.

Old 7th February 2007
Lives for gear

The whole track count issue when mixing in DAWs is one of the great back 'n forth debates along with the ITB/OTB. Math or not, I notice a difference when tracks start getting summed in the box. For example drums are better thru 8 chs on the Tonelux than summed to 2 chs. Gotta have at leat 6 chs of drums or it's not worth it to me. The more I stem the harder it gets. I try to avoid them whenever I can. Don't know if it's because I'm so used to mixing OTB but the width and depth seem to get slightly lossed in translation. Whenever I go from indv outs to stems on a mix I'm constantly trying to get back those certain intangables lossed due to the stems.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search