The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening
Old 27th February 2016
Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening

I was invited by GS to go to the grand opening of the new Abby Road Institute here in Berlin this past friday. It was a really well organized event, with no cost spared. Sadly I was recovering from a serious bout of the flu and on antibiotics so didn't partake of the free bar as much as I'd have wished! But I did manage to take a few photos to show you all.

One of the highlights for me was getting to try out the Roli Seaboard they had, such a strange instrument, really takes getting used to, very different tactile feel to a regular keyboard.

The institute is located in a a lovely old red brick factory building and done to a very high standard. In Studio 1 they have a beautiful large API 1608 desk and the now standard B&W monitors. Next to that is a live room and next to that Studio 2 with an Avid console, Neumann and PMC monitoring and a vocal booth. On the other side of the building are the class rooms and a smaller synth production room.

You can learn more here: https://abbeyroadinstitute.de/de

Attached Thumbnails
Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2691.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2680.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2683.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2687.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2683.jpg  

Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2686.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2721.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2723.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2726.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2674.jpg  

Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2730.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2697.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2699.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2710.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2715.jpg  

Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2714.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2712.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2701.jpg   Abbey Road Institute Germany Grand Opening-img_2717.jpg  
Old 27th February 2016
this looks incredible, can I live there?
Old 27th February 2016
Lives for gear
It's looks great,

But I have noticed lately dozens of fantastic places opening all over the world to teach people how to run audio be an engineer or producer.

And in opposite force dozens and dozens of actual recording studios closing down and the industry of "professionally" recorded music shrinking - it is a strange in-balance which makes me wonder at the potential job opportunities available after spending thousand on these courses.

Unless of course they are designed to train an individual how to make better music in their own home project studio, which is of course an equally valid (all be it expensive) reason to acquire such training.
Old 27th February 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
It's looks great,

But I have noticed lately dozens of fantastic places opening all over the world to teach people how to run audio be an engineer or producer.

And in opposite force dozens and dozens of actual recording studios closing down and the industry of "professionally" recorded music shrinking - it is a strange in-balance which makes me wonder at the potential job opportunities available after spending thousand on these courses.

Unless of course they are designed to train an individual how to make better music in their own home project studio, which is of course an equally valid (all be it expensive) reason to acquire such training.
Sadly I agree with you; I learned by studying SOS magazine for 10 years with reading all the articles on how to record vocals, bass guitar, all the SOS Rescues -seeing the common mistakes that home stuido owners do, learned to get good acoustic panels, and good gear by studying the hundreds of reviews that they provided. I also learned from reading some recording studio books on how to record and mix.

I agree if I went to a audio school I would have learned a lot faster and would have benifitted by working with API, PMC monitors etc. For me it's a serious hobby so if I had the money to go to an audio school and still work full time I would have
Old 27th February 2016
Lives for gear

....and another school to rip off the poor kids. no, i dont know the place and it might be awesome. but have to agree with the poster above. i think one learns a lot more by becoming an intern in a proper studio for some time. its what i would do if i had to start over again.
looks like abbeyroad are selling their name to everybody these days. like the new waves abbey road plate plug. gimme a break. so many products are licensed with their name at the moment and now they even sell their name to private schools. i dont know how i feel about that honestly. the name abbeyroad is certainly loosing its credibility.

Last edited by salomonander; 27th February 2016 at 04:49 PM..
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search