The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How much £££ to build a studio?
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

How much £££ to build a studio?

Quick question: Lets just assume i've got an empty shell of a building, approx how much to build a medium sized control room in there?

How do the figures break down people?

Basically i'm LIVING in a rented studio at the moment and its ok, neighbours are a bit gangsta... and noisy, kitchen / bathroom facilities suck, won't last much longer, just tryna get an idea of what my next move will be, will i make do studio-wise in a standard house/flat or will i try and find something a bit more industrial and take it form there?

Any thoughts?
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

You could spend anything starting at 10,000 thousand to hundreds of thousands, if not millions. It all depends on what you want. Do you have any idea of what you want? Also you may try asking the guy building the studio in Hawaii. I am sure he could help you out. He certainly has first hand experience.
Old 31st January 2007
Lives for gear

ah......
throw up some carpets and some egg crates.
Old 31st January 2007
Lives for gear
design+build?

Contract the heavy work commercially, hire "good buddy" craftsman who work for cash, DIY? Design will make a big difference.

Money vs. time/trouble. I'm assuming that you want it done soon? Figure out how much money you have, and hope it's more than £200K . Does this make business sense for you vs. investing the money and finding a better studio to rent as-needed ?

Studio building is usually late, costs more, or is feature-short of anticipated. Sometimes all.

Quiet studio HVAC requires someone with studio-building experience.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0240519175

Best wishes.

kk.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search