The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Q's about Air6 and Airbase 1
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Q's about Air6 and Airbase 1

I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of Air6's and an Airbase 1 sub for a pretty good price (about the cost of a new pair of BM6a's + BM9s). Anyone know if I can use other speakers with them to complete a surround setup?

I already have a couple BM6's that would match pretty well for the rears and I could grab another one for the center, but the things I read about the Air series seems to indicate that they can't be integrated with non-Air speakers.

Also, any recent opinions on the Air's vs. BM6a's/p's?

Thanks,
Andre
Old 31st January 2007
Lives for gear

Hate to bump so soon, but a deadline for purchasing these looms! Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andre
Old 31st January 2007
jhg
Lives for gear

No, you need to use other AIR networkable speakers. 3 masters,2 slaves for a surround setup, although to do digital bass management some older versions required an additional digital i/p card. Different members of the AIR family can be interchanged - You MAY(I can't verify this currently) be able to use the Tannoy networkable speakers, they run the same software as the AIRs(parent company and all)

Hope this helps. PM if you need more.

Regards,

jhg
Old 31st January 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the info, jhg!

Andre

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search