The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Instrument cables, can't find the guy anymore
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Head

Instrument cables, can't find the guy anymore

Hi!

A few months back I bought a couple of instrument cables from a guy in the US who solders them by hand.
This guy was recommended here.
I'm very happy with the cables and need to buy more but I can't find the invoice with the name of his company or his emails anymore. Can anybody help?

The cable he uses is black, thinner then usual and a bit less bendable then usual. The plastic sleeve is marked "GS-6 Canare Cables 505". The jacks are marked "GH". The cables were reasonably priced.
I seem to remember it was a one-man company.

I realize this is very vague info and it could be anybody , but I remember many people here buying from him and being very pleased. A search didn't make me any wiser.

Thanks!

Davide
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

Lava Cable?

Any chance it might be Mark Stoddard with Lava Cable?

http://www.lavacable.com

I've bought a couple small cables from him and I love them - extremely well built, great communication and service, sound wonderful.

Justin
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Head

It wasn't Lava Cable, but I checked the link out and it looks interesting.

Thanks!

b.
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

Was it Bayou Cables maybe? Butch does great work... very reasonable.
---
c
Old 30th January 2007
Gear Addict

It's either Bayou or lava cables.
I've made and sold the exact cables myself here on gearslutz
Old 8th September 2009
Here for the gear

Lava Cable

I want to recommend Mr. Mark Stoddard. I've been a professional musician for almost 40 years and I think great cables are important. Mark makes great cables. Whatever you believe about cables....all voodoo aside....Mark is a man of integrity. I placed my first order with him and it took a while (OK, almost a month) and when I called him, instead of becoming defensive refunded my money - and sent me a free cable. That's how you get loyal clients. By the way the Y - cable from Lava Cable - inserted into the 2 lower inputs of my 1974 Marshall JMP 50W - sounds great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search