The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Great Experience with Event
Old 29th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Great Experience with Event

Recently one of my Studio Precision 8 monitors started exhibiting a problem with the high end, which I thought I traced to the high side trimpot, but that wasn't it. I called up "Q" at Event, who asked me how old the monitors were.... I told him they were over a year old. After some brief troubleshooting over the phone, he felt as though the amp was fault, and he told me he'd repair it under warranty.

Not only was that surprising to me (given that the warranty couldn't possibly be over a year), but he also said he'd send it out without me returning my existing one, so I wouldn't have to be without the mons.

So two days later I got the amp, put it in, everything's great, and now he doesn't even want me to bother returning the defective one!

Maybe there are other companies with this level of customer service, but I haven't encountered them. I heartily encourage anyone with an Event issue to contact him directly. Their number is 805-566-7777, he's at extension 3.

Big props to Event and Q. Plus, I love the mons.

-Craig

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search