The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Joe Meek vs. Waves SSL buss comp?
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Joe Meek vs. Waves SSL buss comp?

I've been mixing totally ITB using various multi-bussing strategies, and I'm wondering whether getting something like a Joe Meek MC2 or Art Pro VLA would be useful/an improvement over using plugins such as the waves SSL buss comp (which is cool in itself, but I've never compared it to any hardware). The uses would primarily be drum buss parallel compression, drum + bass buss compression and guitar buss compression.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on this please

Cheers

Al
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

If You are going to do the Meek thing get a SC2 (not a SC2.2) or an SC 3 comp........both are beautiful heavy colored comps that sound great on the drum and/or guitar buss...maybe a little to much personality for the 2 buss though............

Ron florentine
Soundswest Studio
Old 14th June 2011
I have to dispute this, the mc2 is a great compressor. It's both punchy and thick, its only flaw is that its attack doesnt really work fast enough to use in the mastering chain. for the price not too big a flaw really. Mos def an effect compressor.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search