The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avantone CK-7
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Avantone CK-7

anyone have a chance to hear the Avantone mics...
one of my boys wants me to find him a good mic that's not gonna break the bank... and the CK-7 just jumped out to me... simply the cardiod responce of the CK-7 impressed me but i haven't heard it myself...though it seems to be built very well

so far its between this mic and the the Studio Projects C1 MK2
Old 20th May 2007
Lives for gear

bump due to curiousity about the CK-7.
Old 10th November 2008
Gear Maniac

Also trying to get a response on the CK mics from Avantone.
If anybody has used them, some insight is appreciated....

For what it's worth....I was in a local shop this past week and they had an Avantone CV 12....one of the most gorgeous mics I have held.

I fully understand the looks/build of a mic does little when you go to tape, but if the build is any indicator of the care they took in building the mic, than they must good mics......now, about the CK-7?
Old 10th November 2008
Lives for gear

I got a pair of CK7 , and use it as overhead. very open , not brittle in the hi range,
the quality of the mic is also great, i use it also on some vocal and it was clean as it can be....
Old 10th November 2008
I hope it sounds better then their loud speakers.. heh
Old 10th November 2008
Lives for gear

[quote=Raincrow;3641631]Also trying to get a response on the CK mics from Avantone.

For what it's worth....I was in a local shop this past week and they had an Avantone CV 12....one of the most gorgeous mics I have held. quote

I got a CV12-excellent so far on vocals/acoustic guitar and I kid not -violin??-astounding sound for the price. Tomorrow doing vocal session on a male singer- will trial TM1 and CV12-I know the TM1 will be richer and more low end and slower vintage- CV 12 will be quicker/more bright and modern-whatever sounds better to mix/artist I will use.

Bit longwinded-but CV12 for a bright modern fast sound is great-punches well above (ah-4 divisions) above its weight (price) category.

Dunno about the CK7 though.

GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Newcastle/OZ

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search