The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How do the Adam A7 perform?
Old 27th January 2007
Here for the gear

How do the Adam A7 perform?

Hi folks,
I am excited and nervous about my purchase of the Adam A7, I also can get the 8" sub...the dealer was suggesting the 10" sub...Should I spend the extra bucks and get the 10"?
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

the dealer should let you try it first (or let you return it if you don't like how it sounds)...
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

I just got a pair of A7s from Front End (Hey War!), and from what I've heard from them so far (granted, it's only been an hour or so of real listening) you won't be needing that sub. Lots of high frequency detail without being hard on the ears, and I'm getting low-end definition that I never knew was there in my older mixes. There's really a surprising amount of bass coming out of those little cones, and I don't see a need for an additional sub.
Old 28th January 2007
Here for the gear

to Sub or not to Sub

I am in a studio with 3 other producers we have a fluu scpectrum of speakers. In the other rooms we have Dynaudio, Hafler and Mackie...So it will be interesting to see. All except the Mackie Station Have Subs. Room is pretty big 14 x 20 but I'll be mixing from a close position. I read about the 8" sub as an entry level whereas the 10" is markII..wondering if its worth it to get the better sub now..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search