The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help to choose Hi End Reverb
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Help to choose Hi End Reverb

Hi guys,
I need a "good powerful" reverb for my ambient music. Instead the native I prefer to use a DSP ones as UAD-1 or Powercore firewire, or external gear processor as TC Electronics Reverb 4000 or others that I don't know....

I have try:
UAD-1 : Realverb, Dreamverb and Plate140
Waves IR1, truverb and Rverb
Nuendo reverb... jajajajajaja heh

I need something better.....

I work with PC/Windos XP Nuendo3 96KHz/32bit and I can In/Out with digital toslink, firewire, usb or lan.

Thank you for your suggest

Sonia
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

tc 4000

awesome!!!
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

the tc m3000 works well for my ambient tracks, as well as eventide h7600/8000, this box is amazing and can do alot more then reverb, complex but amazing when oparates well ... it will be a nice choice ...
the 8000 will give you 8 channels, but expensive ...
in what range you looking for ? you mentiond high end right ? ..

ps - welcome to GS !!
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Lexicon 300 for ambient
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Thank you guys, yes hi-end for the quality but not more expensive
The M3000 seems to be good but work only at 44.1/48Khz and I'm work at 96Khz...

Thanks

Sonia
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

M5000

Might be out of your budget...but it's worth it.
Old 27th January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoniA View Post
Thank you guys, yes hi-end for the quality but not more expensive
The M3000 seems to be good but work only at 44.1/48Khz and I'm work at 96Khz...

Thanks

Sonia
Just use the analog i/o. Haven't used the M3000 personally but I can tell you that with Lexicon the analog i/o gives a certain mojo to the sound that doesn't come across when using the AES/EBU i/o. Plus, you can work at whatever sample rate you wish as long as you've got the channels of conversion to spare (and you've got good converters).
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Que tal Sonia!

I'd go for a TC electronic too.... I've used the M3000 lots of times, and i think it outperforms much plugins, so if it's in your budged go for it.

I've never used a 4000, but owning a M5000, and having checked it against altiverb for instance, i can tell you that the M500 blows altiverb, so a 4000 may too, as its "supposed" to have better algorithms than a 5000.

If you can get a used M5000, that would be great to.

And for the 96Khz issue, analog I/O as someone said.

Saludos!

Adrian
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Muchisima gracias Adrian, ahora busco el M5000 a ver si lo encuentro
un beso

Sonia
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Go to a good shop and listen to a lot of boxes. Try the Tc, Lex and Eventide stuff and not the really cheap lexicons or TC but the better stuff. A H8000 reverb sounds so much nicer then the Eclipse or TC M3000.

But searching for a great reverb is searching for the holy greal. You get closer all the time but then still want something different.

My vote is still for the H8000. The centerpiece of my effects.

Harrie

Last edited by Froombosch; 28th January 2007 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: typos
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

For ambient:

Lexicon 300 I liked a lot when I used one.
R-880 however rules on nice big spacey stuff to me. Something very special about that reverb...
Old 28th January 2007
Gear Guru

Look into the new Bricasti verb.
One of the smoothest I've ever heard.
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

anyone try the Eventide 2016 yet?
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
anyone try the Eventide 2016 yet?
It's NICE! Very natural sounding. Wish I could afford another outboard/hardware reverb, but my hardware days, as far as reverb, is over.
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

Hi!

Try out the TC-Powercore! It' awesome, got a really nice reverb with the included "Classicverb" and you can upgrade with the Vss-3 algorithm. The Vss-3 is a M3000. You also have tons of other very useable things for the money of 1 hardware reverb. I also have the Uad-1 and the only really good reverb in that one imo is the plate-140. Very limited but sounds awesome.

//Jamzone
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

I like the TC outboard as well (I too have an M3000: nice).

If you can wait, the Bricasti is getting buzz. Given who is working on it, you'd expect it to be good. But I've also become really skeptical of stuff until it's really, truly, genuinely shipping.
Old 28th January 2007
Lives for gear

ive got an h8000 and all the uad plugs. the h8k murders the uad verbs and I LIKE the UAD verbs....
Old 29th January 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiMattMatt View Post

If you can wait, the Bricasti is getting buzz. Given who is working on it, you'd expect it to be good. But I've also become really skeptical of stuff until it's really, truly, genuinely shipping.

Yes..That's the only prob with this unit..could take a while.
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

I just got a TC Reverb4000 a few days ago and first impressions are very good. Very versatile and sounds great, especially on huge surreal settings. And the editing is great! It includes a nice graphic editor program that sits in your computer and communicates with the TC via USB. All reverb parameters are displayed in a logical arrangement, and it's a huge bonus to be able to edit reverb settings from your mix position instead of crouching in front of the rack. I like the graphic editor idea even better than larc-style remote devices.

DP

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search