The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Your Opinion on this girls voice
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

Your Opinion on this girls voice

http://www.myspace.com/jordismusic
Listen to "Morning Paper" esp. I really like this girls voice.
Or is it just me??
I Know it's personal preference...
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

I dunno, but I always loved that song. Prince is such a fountainhead.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

yeah very good.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

She was on the first season of Rockstar; when they were trying out for INXS. She is amazing. I have a female friend/singer songwriter who thinks she is the best thing since anything ever. This girl with the talent crush is amazing as well. She met her the other night at a show in LA and said she was also super nice and fun to hang with. Her album should be out soon apparently.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

I've been waiting for her CD for over a year, she had a contract with Epic but was dropped, that's what I read somewhere...
Vert distinct style, I love it...
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

Distinctive, quality voice, no sense of phrasing, unfortunately, makes her not particularly musical IMHO. Almost all the ingredients, but somehow it doesn't really gel.

Regards

Roland
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

She does have a really nice voice. And, now that someone mentioned it, I vaguely remember her from Rockstar.

On another note, I didn't think cover songs on MySpace artist pages were permitted. Can anyone clarify?
Old 26th January 2007
One thing I always used to ponder was how much harder it appears to be for women singers to find a unique voice...

Of course, that was before all the male singers started using every trick in the book they could from mimmicking technique to using studio trickery to sound like whatever male singer had the buzz at the moment.

Anyhow, she sings very well (based on her live take on Bowie's Man Who Sold the world [HATE that acoustic-guitar-pickup sound they got going, ugh] or Try Not) but I'm afraid it's a bit of a snooze to me. I mean, she sounds like a lot of other female singers to me. And I'm not a fan of melismatic excesses -- though they're next to nothing, here, compared to today's pop "divas."
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Maniac

She has a nice tone and pitch but she almost has a staccato way of phrasing her words and it gets quite annoying. It really sticks out for me.
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Maniac

ya, i am hearing the same phrasing with her voice.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulnowo View Post
She has a nice tone and pitch but she almost has a staccato way of phrasing her words and it gets quite annoying. It really sticks out for me.
That's what I like...
Different strokes I guess.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windtaken View Post
ya, i am hearing the same phrasing with her voice.
Because she can't phrase, she sings rhythmically only, gives her a mechanical quality, stacatto if you like, lacks real delivery, unfortunately not all those with good voices are good musicians too, that's why people like Chet Baker, who really had no voice at all, but was a great musician was able to carry it off.

Regards

Roland

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search