The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
APOGEE/DIGI002R HELP!!
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Maniac

APOGEE/DIGI002R HELP!!

Hey everyone I have a few question for you in hopes someone can help.
First I just bought an Apogee Rosetta 800 for my Digi 002r and for some reason when I am recording I am getting a latency or doubling effect.
I am connecting it to the digi 002r with the lightpipe in and out, and on the Apogee it reads all adats sources. I have tried monitoring out of the digi 002 but it does the same thing. If any has had this plus let me know how to figure it out its driving me .
Also in the control room it's fine only in the cans. I have tried everything it seems but I don't know. Is it something in Pro tools I am looking over? I have also clocked it to the Apogee with the adat. But still confused.
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Head

Do you have "low latency monitoring" checked? I was using an 800 into an 002 just tonight and it was working great (of course we were still using the Digi's Analog 1/2 outputs for monitoring).
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

have you tried lowering your buffer setting? You may have to bring it way down with your plug-ins dissabled to get a tolerable latency effect for tracking. Obviously you would kick it back up to 2048 or so for mixing.

Also, Apogee makes a software for the Rosetta 800 called Firemix. This enables you to monitor directly from the Rosetta and no latency. It's a free download from Apogee.
Good Luck.
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumdrum View Post
have you tried lowering your buffer setting? You may have to bring it way down with your plug-ins dissabled to get a tolerable latency effect for tracking. Obviously you would kick it back up to 2048 or so for mixing.

Also, Apogee makes a software for the Rosetta 800 called Firemix. This enables you to monitor directly from the Rosetta and no latency. It's a free download from Apogee.
Good Luck.
Thanks..

Does it work with pro tools?
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumdrum View Post

Good Luck.
The Firemix only works if you have a firewire x-card installed in the Rosetta, no? Even then, I believe it to be a low-latency mixer which shouldn't be any different than enabling low latency monitoring in Pro Tools...

I've been using a Rosetta 800 with my M-Audio 1814 for the past month or so. No issues whatsoever, but then again, the 1814 has hardware direct monitoring which greatly simplifies things.

For the life of me, I don't understand why most interfaces don't have this feature...the 1814 is such a piece of cap in so many ways, but as a PT dongle it can't be beat for the money!
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

using 002 with Rosetta 800 for a year now. No trubs at all.

You gotta monitor outta the Rosetta now. Unless you miss the sound of the 002 D/A section.
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper View Post
using 002 with Rosetta 800 for a year now. No trubs at all.

You gotta monitor outta the Rosetta now. Unless you miss the sound of the 002 D/A section.
I tried that....can you tell me the setting you have set for the Rosetta I just have everything runing adat. Yeah I hate the sound on the digi002 but If thats what I will have to monitor out of for tracking then oh well.
I was reading something on the Apogee site and the manual about maybe to set an analog and adat out? Any Ideas?
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

source to digital outs: ADAT and Analog

Digital Outputs at 24 bits

Analog Outputs set to ADAT

Make sure you have PT set to clock to ADAT (on mac, you can hit command-2 and bring up the session setup window which has a clocking source menu)

Make sure the session sample rate matches with the samplerate on the Rosetta

Make sure nothing in the W/C i/o sync section is lit.
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper View Post
source to digital outs: ADAT and Analog

Digital Outputs at 24 bits

Analog Outputs set to ADAT

Make sure you have PT set to clock to ADAT (on mac, you can hit command-2 and bring up the session setup window which has a clocking source menu)

Make sure the session sample rate matches with the samplerate on the Rosetta

Make sure nothing in the W/C i/o sync section is lit.
Also, make sure you are using a monitor controller to attenuate the signal out to your monitors...

I have been using the Presonus Central Station as suggested by Dave at Apogee...works like a champ!

-Chris

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search