The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cables trough walls
Old 24th January 2007
Lives for gear

Cables trough walls

I am building a second room in my studio, and have a cable question.. in the room i already have, i have soldered a multicable with a panel, and i have just used standard 5 meter guitarjacks and stretched them trough a hole in the wall. but this time i dont want the cables to show and the cables will be about 10m.. what is the smartest solution when it comes to guitarjack kabel's??
Old 25th January 2007

I'd mount open frame 1/4" TRS jacks on another pannel and solder them.

-tINY

Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

Run a snake of balanced cables between rooms. 10M is getting a bit long between rooms, and you might get a bit of noise and treble rolloff with unbalanced cable.

Radial make some great pair of boxes for this purpose, that convert your unbalanced guitar to balanced, and then back to unbalanced.

Or just use the two wires and some purpose wired cables. Two wires and a seperate shield is better than a single wire and shield doing double duty.

Balanced cable is just more useful between rooms. I don't like unnecessary connectors so much, but a panel might be more convenient.
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiburger View Post
Run a snake of balanced cables between rooms. 10M is getting a bit long between rooms, and you might get a bit of noise and treble rolloff with unbalanced cable.

Radial make some great pair of boxes for this purpose, that convert your unbalanced guitar to balanced, and then back to unbalanced.

Or just use the two wires and some purpose wired cables. Two wires and a seperate shield is better than a single wire and shield doing double duty.

Balanced cable is just more useful between rooms. I don't like unnecessary connectors so much, but a panel might be more convenient.
So I can in theory use the multicable for this? i just think the cables inside the multi's are so tiny, but they are balanced so it should'nt be a problem.
So my thery so far is:
Multicable between the rooms, in the controlroom i have soldered on a standard Jack and use a DI box, and in the rec room i install a jack (she) on to the panel and conect a standard jack from the paneljack to guitar amp??!!??!!

Hmmm...?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search