The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jerry Finn
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Jerry Finn

Does anybody know what EQ's and compressors Jerry Finn uses?
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

dbx 160 lightly then dbx 160s parallel
thats all i can share !!
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

i am very intersted too......
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

I know for a fact that he used a manley pultec as an EQ on gtrs. He also did some interesting things with toms using of all things, sonic maximizers.

The Neve BCM10 was used mostly for summing multiple mics from the GTR amps. Those mics were fed into manley, chandler, mastering labs mic pres.

In addition to an LA2A, he also had a huge compressor in his rack called the E.A.R.

Hope that helps.
Old 25th April 2014
I wanna bump this thread to remember him. His production is what got me not only into some of my favourite bands, but into recording and production in general. So good at what he did it was insane
Old 27th April 2014
I would love to know more about him as well.
Old 27th April 2014
He has done some awesome stuff. He mixed Dookie with Rob Cavallo, and has produced all the good blink-182 albums, as well as AFI albums, Morresey albums, and tons of mixing on all those albums. His ideas and sound are sweet, and his production always had a crazy backbone in raw sounds, with real drums and huge guitar tones. I would recommend AFI's Sing The Sorrow, blink-182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, Sum 41's All Killer No Filler, Box Car Racer's self titled.

All my fave sounding records. Along with his production, TLA or CLA would mix his work too

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search