The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pearlmen tm47 or lauten oceanus
Old 21st December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by konradfounded View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the info and input. Also like the mention of the 251 stuff. Love the sound of 251 as much as that of the 47 but havent really heard one in the under $2000 range that wasn't just bright and sibilant but will also take a look at what fox research has to offer in that voicing.
Does anyone know his average response time as I emailed him some days ago now without a reaponse.....
Always found the Blue Kiwi a cross between the 251 and C12 sound. It can be sibilant if over eq'd in that range but if you like a mike with a nice high end the Kiwi is a nice option. They are selling used really cheap and you might be able to pick up a couple really nice used mics for $2K. Good luck!
Old 21st December 2015
Lives for gear

I've got a TM47. It's the hands down winner on my own voice. I've used a vintage U47, older non-AI U87, TM1, and many others. It's a really great mic. Not hyped. Just very buttery. It works so so good with a nice opto compressor.
Old 22nd December 2015
Here for the gear

Very nice Brian, may I ask what compressor(s) you are using on your soundcloud files? Also, are you boosting the top end a little or is that all the mic?
Old 22nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle peri View Post
Very nice Brian, may I ask what compressor(s) you are using on your soundcloud files? Also, are you boosting the top end a little or is that all the mic?
Hey thanks.

I'm using mostly the TM47 through an LA610 MkII and then into a Retro Sta Level. I'll use a bit of that opto compressor from the LA610 once in a while but almost all my compression comes from the Sta Level. A little bit of top end added through EQ afterwards. The song "Stuck" on my Soundcloud is the most pure, unaffected track I have of the TM47 - I'm not sure I used an EQ on that vocal chain and only about 2-3 dB of compression with the Sta Level.
Old 22nd December 2015
Here for the gear

Thank You!
Old 6th April 2016
Just wanted to revive this thread.
Thanks for all the input and help.
I ended up getting an Oceanus as I got a smoking deal on it.
........but it's getting send back as there was wiered popping and noise floor issue. Hopefully this will get resolved otherwise it was a beautiful sounding mic.
I contacted fox research but never heard back.

I'm also looking at the nady1050 oktava mod mic
But am a bit skeptical for price even though the sound clips sound fantastic.
Anybody has any experience with that one?
Old 25th December 2018
Gear Nut

Sorry to bump this thread..

I am considering the Oceanus but I cant check it out where I am.I depend completely on the "big european" misic stores.So here is my question:Is this mic more on the "bright,airy & clear" side of things;Without to be overly harsh & sibiliant;I ask because I have already an WA47 and no need for another "dark mic".I have read a half dozen reviews about the oceanus and almost everything here on gearslutz about it but one says it is a "dark mic" while other state it is bright and clear.

Any comments from owners;
Old 4 weeks ago
sorry for the late reply.
the Oceanus is actually very open and airy. didn't find it sibilant when I tested it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search