The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
A Custom Wooly Mammoth Deluxe MkII -- Tube Edition
Old 22nd July 2016
From PayPal:

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $651.90 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

I don't know how many of those Tim's PayPal account can withstand before they freeze it but it's not a good look as a vendor.
Old 23rd July 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeoctane View Post
From PayPal:

"We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $651.90 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted."

I don't know how many of those Tim's PayPal account can withstand before they freeze it but it's not a good look as a vendor.
Yeah man thats sucks...i would feel very bad for doing that to him...but at the same time ita your right and, he knew that could happend.
I really feel bad for him, so thats why i will a little more before asking for a refund.
But i totally understand you Orangeoctone...
Its a shame that thing had to come to this point!
Old 23rd July 2016
Fwiw, I have decided to cut Tim some more slack, and wait and see. Besides, if everybody’s filing claims, he’ll just end up in a deeper hole altogether, with no hope of climbing up. That said, I do understand why some have had enough, but I’ve been waiting for so long that a bit more makes little difference to me.

Cheers,
j,
Old 23rd July 2016
Lives for gear

I'm still with Tim...but man, Tim, dude, in the least you have to respond to emails.
It's the right and sensible thing to do...
Old 24th July 2016
Gear Head
If I won the lotto, this would be one of my investments, a huge hand-up to keep him going...
Old 10th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggz View Post
If I won the lotto, this would be one of my investments, a huge hand-up to keep him going...
But it seems he's not willing to accept any outsourcing. More money won't fix the problem if you insist on being the only employee in the company. Hire a virtual assistant on UpWork to communicate with customers and let them know what's going on. But herein lies the problem... what's going on is that Tim's business model can't sustain itself. He can't keep up and he's been overwhelmed. I would feel overwhelmed too, but at some point you have to raise your prices and hire help if you're going to make it a sustainable business. Or you refund people's money (and fold) or at the VERY LEAST stop taking orders of ANY KIND until you get caught up on your back orders and LET EVERYONE KNOW WTF IS GOING ON.
Old 10th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeoctane View Post
or at the VERY LEAST stop taking orders of ANY KIND until you get caught up on your back orders and LET EVERYONE KNOW WTF IS GOING ON.
This gets at the point of what's gotten under my skin about the whole idea of ordering from Tim. Pretty sure everyone gets the 3-4 weeks story when from Tim's big post, it sounds like that pattern is the only thing keeping it going. What little communication I am getting seems only designed to prolong me getting either a) the gear I paid for or b) a refund.

That and the fact that it still bugs me to read back in this thread and although Tim can't find time to let everyone know what's going on, he can find the time to settle the score between two dudes on who got the first customized WMD or whatever.

To update on my end, I got an email from him on the 29th saying:

" I will email you fully in the next 24 hours. Sorry, trying to work from my phone but will be back in the workshop tonight and should also have a tracking number for you pronto. Also, let me know you received this. I'm typing from my phone because I haven't had a chance to replace the laptop my dog destroyed yet, and some emails keep not sending. "

I emailed back to let him know I had indeed received it and looked forward to his update.

Crickets since then.

I hate bashing the guy, but it's gone beyond reasonable expectations. If it's going to take a year to get your order, then let me know before I pay you a grand.
Old 17th August 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Tim contacted me this morning! Told me the WM MK3 is coming soon - Yay!

Fingers crossed, and hope all is well with him.
Any update on your end?
Old 17th August 2016
Lives for gear

...OK, I don't want to jinx it. Oh, sh*t, f*ck - I might have.

Fingers crossed, and hopefully in a matter of a few days I'll have a positive update to provide to those with a stake in the game. Capisce?

Granted, it's been like pulling teeth throughout this whole process, I won't deny that in the least...
Old 17th August 2016
Quote:
...OK, I don't want to jinx it. Oh, sh*t, f*ck - I might have.

Fingers crossed, and hopefully in a matter of a few days I'll have a positive update to provide to those with a stake in the game. Capisce?

Granted, it's been like pulling teeth throughout this whole process, I won't deny that in the least...
Do keep us informed ...I have not heard from Tim yet, still hoping.

This thread is turning into a Wooly customers support group

r,
j,
Old 18th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transistor View Post
Do keep us informed ...I have not heard from Tim yet, still hoping.

This thread is turning into a Wooly customers support group

r,
j,
Hallelujah...it arrived today!

Will post thoughts after giving it a spin...
Old 19th August 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Hallelujah...it arrived today!

Will post thoughts after giving it a spin...
Wow i am happy for you man, but now i am sad for me cuz i ordered in October/2015 and still have not received!
Old 23rd August 2016
Lives for gear

I'm not a customer - but seeing this I won't ever be.
There are enough cool products out there from companies that provide more than just the product itself to submit myself through this kind of stress.

I honestly feel terrible for Tim and I'm deeply sorry about his hardships, but none of that excuses leaving customers in the dark for so long, customers that have already paid. That's absurd and unacceptable. At least refund people their money until the unit is ready to ship.
Old 25th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
(I have no idea why so many people go bananas over the Silver Bullet, when Tim is building stuff like he is.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talljoe View Post
I have both! The Silver Bullet frees the Mammoth up to do serious damage on tracks.
GS press release - Super combo alert edition: WM mkIII patched into the inserts of the Silver Bullet = thick sonic unctuousness...enhances the qualities of each unit.

If there were a mojo Olympics, the Woolly/SB combo would be banned like the Russians for PEDs.
Old 25th August 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
GS press release - Super combo alert edition: WM mkIII patched into the inserts of the Silver Bullet = thick sonic unctuousness...enhances the qualities of each unit.

If there were a mojo Olympics, the Woolly/SB combo would be banned like the Russians for PEDs.
I can't even have them in the same room right now or my studio would glow white hot.
Old 25th August 2016
I have to email Tim again and ask about my MKIII...

j,
Old 29th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

The Silver Bullet certainly seems exciting, but I have to wonder if all that is needed on the front end of a WM is a good preamp to drive it harder.

I know that the line amp Tim developed for my custom WM MkIII Tube Edition certainly drives it as hard was I need!
Old 29th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Silver Bullet certainly seems exciting, but I have to wonder if all that is needed on the front end of a WM is a good preamp to drive it harder.

I know that the line amp Tim developed for my custom WM MkIII Tube Edition certainly drives it as hard was I need!
Well, if I have to quibble, I wish my MkIII had an input attenuator. It would make gain staging a little easier, as I've found mostly the sources I feed into it is often too hot.

Of course the Silver Bullet in conjunction takes care of that with aplomb, with additional tone shaping abilities.

But must say, I really like the Woolly Mammoth, it's very unique in its sonic signature. I don't know if it's best/particularly suited for 2-bus duties as it's very drastic in tone and character, and very forward in imaging. Though I think it would fare well for parallel processing in that setting.
Old 29th August 2016
Quote:
I don't know if it's best/particularly suited for 2-bus duties as it's very drastic in tone and character, and very forward in imaging. Though I think it would fare well for parallel processing in that setting.
I have a Standard that I bought last year from the classifieds here and that's where I ended up with it as well (mostly drums).
Old 29th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, if I have to quibble, I wish my MkIII had an input attenuator. It would make gain staging a little easier, as I've found mostly the sources I feed into it is often too hot.

Of course the Silver Bullet in conjunction takes care of that with aplomb, with additional tone shaping abilities.

But must say, I really like the Woolly Mammoth, it's very unique in its sonic signature. I don't know if it's best/particularly suited for 2-bus duties as it's very drastic in tone and character, and very forward in imaging. Though I think it would fare well for parallel processing in that setting.
Further insight, from my perspective, is that if I want to maintain a cleaner 2bus, I can easily:
  1. Select the the Nickel input transformer
  2. Turn off the output transformers
  3. Turn off the the tube circuit

I REALLY need to make the time to do a demo video -- most folks would then want to be more willing to encourage Tim to stay in business!

I believe Tim got overwhelmed, and wants to do right by folks.
Old 29th August 2016
Quote:
most folks would then want to be more willing to encourage Tim to stay in business!

I believe Tim got overwhelmed, and wants to do right by folks.
Dude, I don't think anyone here on the thread wants Tim to go under in anyway. The fact is Tim's customers are a bit tired of feeling like we bought into a pyramid scheme.

Totally agree with you on feeling like Tim wants to do right. But, his communication and timelines say the opposite to most of us.
Old 29th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by batlanyard View Post
Dude, I don't think anyone here on the thread wants Tim to go under in anyway. The fact is Tim's customers are a bit tired of feeling like we bought into a pyramid scheme.

Totally agree with you on feeling like Tim wants to do right. But, his communication and timelines say the opposite to most of us.
Well, I respectfully disagree -- for me, yes it took longer that he originally said it would, but Tim stayed in contact with me, and worked thru it.

Perhaps in the time since, things have gotten exponentially more extreme in his business.

But, until Tim announces he is "closing the doors" to his cave, I think he needs more patience and encouragement than he seems to be getting.
Old 29th August 2016
Quote:
But, until Tim announces he is "closing the doors" to his cave, I think he needs more patience and encouragement than he seems to be getting.
Personally, I have given him encouragement by letting him know how much I love the mix on the Strange American's record he did, and also by not filing a refund via PayPal which would be further hardship.

If you read back through, nearly everyone is waiting it out while venting a bit of frustration.
Old 12th September 2016
Quick question: have any of you heard anything from Tim the last couple of months? I’ve sent a handful of emails, but got nothing back. Anyone?

Cheers,
j,
Old 12th September 2016
Quote:
Quick question: have any of you heard anything from Tim the last couple of months? I’ve sent a handful of emails, but got nothing back. Anyone?

Cheers,
j,
Nothing since his last communication back in July ("tracking number in the next day or two").

I haven't tried to contact him since then though.
Old 13th September 2016
Gear Head

Quote:

Cheers,
j,
He posted quite a long response over at the Woolly Mammoth thread in the Moan Zone. Had has been the only method of communication that Tim has responded to me on for the last six months
Old 13th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by davegibbon View Post
He posted quite a long response over at the Woolly Mammoth thread in the Moan Zone. Had has been the only method of communication that Tim has responded to me on for the last six months
I saw that he'd posted his cell #. I sent him a text, we'll see how it pans out.

Thanks guys,
j,
📝 Reply