The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AWS 900 + / Logic
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Head

AWS 900 + / Logic

Hello there,

anyone using an aws900 or aws900+ with Logic ???

My problem is that the 4th console midi port (automation / total recall) is seen as a third Mackie Control XT in Logic and messes up with the MTC, MMC and stuff.

I use Logic 7.1.1 / latest AWS 900 + software

I use the Mackie control protocol since the AWS and HUI protocol don't work together in Logic right ???

any help is more than welcome
cheers
Romain Tranchart
Old 22nd January 2007
SSL UK

Hello Romain,

From what you describe its sounds like you have let Logic auto scan your external MIDI devices.

If you go into the Control surface page of Logic delete one of the extra Extenders. (You should have One Mackie Control and 2x Extender units)

Please contact your local SSL office if the problem continues.

All the best,

Sam Wetmore

Solid State Logic
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Head

Hello there and thx for answering

Yes when I delete the third XT, everything works fine. The problem is everytime I launch Logic, it performs an autoscan and the 3rd XT is back again...

I don't know how/if it's possible to turn off this autoscan feature, but the thing is the console is supposed to be detected as 3 units.

Do you know what version of Logic has been tested with the AWS ? I use 7.1.1, which is the lastest Pro Tools compatible version of Logic. and also is the console tested with logic had the 4th midi port (ATR) connected ?

thx
Romain
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtprods View Post
Hello there and thx for answering

Yes when I delete the third XT, everything works fine. The problem is everytime I launch Logic, it performs an autoscan and the 3rd XT is back again...

I don't know how/if it's possible to turn off this autoscan feature, but the thing is the console is supposed to be detected as 3 units.

Do you know what version of Logic has been tested with the AWS ? I use 7.1.1, which is the lastest Pro Tools compatible version of Logic. and also is the console tested with logic had the 4th midi port (ATR) connected ?

thx
Romain
does it help wen you save a blank session with 2 XT and name it autoload.lso ?
Old 22nd January 2007
SSL UK

Ahh

I believe this a mildly annoying Logic issue.

We have the same thing here with the same version of Logic.

It seems there is no Preference option to Disable Scan when it boots.

If you turn the AWS on after Logic you do not get this issue. Same with various combinations of un plugging MIDI etc.

I'll see if if we can do anything our end.

Best wishes,

Sam Wetmore
Solid State Logic
Old 21st February 2007
Lives for gear

Sam is there an upgrade path for the original AWS900?

What's been changed from the original AWS?

I've not found an answer to this question.

Thanks
Old 22nd February 2007
SSL UK

Hello,

Yes, any momment now a new software release is being made available for the AWS900.

This new version will add all of the DAW control elements that the 900+ has. This will provide specific support for Logic, Nuendo, Sonar etc.

Also there are some Set up menu additions.

This release will bring the functionality of the two versions of the console into line with each other.

Please feel free to ask any further questions.

Best wishes,

Sam Wetmore
Solid State Logic
Old 22nd February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip6 View Post
Sam is there an upgrade path for the original AWS900?

What's been changed from the original AWS?

I've not found an answer to this question.

Thanks
I'm planning on upgrading my original AWS900 to the new 900+..... The upgrade path I've found is to sell it and get a new one! heh heh heh

Seriously, I think I will do just that. Sam, any discount for a repeat customer?
Old 23rd February 2007
SSL UK

Hello,

Apart from the cosmetic differences there really is no major change.

Perhaps if you navigate to the software downloads part of the SSL website, you may have an exciting weekend!

Have fun,

Sam Wetmore
Solid State Logic
Old 10th March 2007
Gear Head

Hello eveyone / Hello Sam

AWS 900 + / Logic Pro 7.1.1

I've just done a few changes to my AWS900+ setup :

got rid of my Emagic Amt8 MIDI interface
purchased a MOTU XT Xpress
installed the new 1.3 AWS+ software many times !! (thru the MOTU now !!!)

A lot of issues I had are now gone. I thing the AMT8 is really not working well with the board. I use to get lots of bugs and now, using the MOTU interface (+ having sent the OS again thru the MOTU) seems to help a lot.

Now the third XT still pops up everytime I launch Logic and I can't seem to win against this one. The other strange thing is the four AWS Midi Ports icons on the top right of the AWS LCD are always marked with a red cross, like they're not recognised.

I'm in the middle of a 2 important projects right now and all this is getting a bit of a problem. Anyone here using Logic Pro ??

Cheers
Old 13th March 2007
SSL UK

Hi rtprods,

Well the extra Mackie controller needs deleting as mentioned before.

You should not see the red crosses but I have seen them stay on with certain MIDI interfaces. Having said that the MOTU is good one.

Have you set up the MIDI interface in the AUDIO/MIDI part of the Mac OS?

In theory Logic bypass' this but I have see it conflict.

Hope this helps,

Sam Wetmore
Solid State Logic
Old 14th March 2007
Gear Head

Hi Sam,

thx for the help. The thing is I need to delete the extra controller everytime I launch Logic... And since I launch Logic 50 times a day sometimes I forget to do so and since this controller is on the AWS midi port 4 it messes with the MTC / Automation...

Can you tell me what version of Logic has been used @ SSL ? I use 7.1.1 and I think 7.2 has better control surfaces integration. Maybe you have used this version and I should install it. I don't know.

I have not setup the midi interface in the OSX audio & midi setup myself but the OS automaticaly detects it. I have setup the AWS though (as in the Pro Tools HOWTO).

thx a lot
Romain Tranchart

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search