The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Where is the "Soundcraft signature series DNA mixers" thread?
Old 12th December 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
Unfortunately this is a moving target. Thomann currently state 29.01.2015. However this date changes regularly. No-one really knows for sure. Not even Soundcraft probably.
So, probably Soundcraft still working on the current OS for MTK?
Old 12th December 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingrays View Post
So, probably Soundcraft still working on the current OS for MTK?
If I remember correctly, Soundcraft stated that there were some some issues getting the power supplies to work correctly but they resolved the problems and are rolling out a staggered release, albeit very late. Some shops are showing stock of non-MTK versions but I don't know if customers have received them yet.

There was some speculation about other reasons for the delay but since I'm unsure if these were unsubstantiated, I won't repeat them.

Personally, I am ok a while longer. The wait is not preventing me from getting things done but I am looking forward to receiving mine.
Old 12th December 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Soundcraft stated that there were some some issues getting the power supplies to work correctly but they resolved the problems and are rolling out a staggered release, albeit very late. Some shops are showing stock of non-MTK versions but I don't know if customers have received them yet.

There was some speculation about other reasons for the delay but since I'm unsure if these were unsubstantiated, I won't repeat them.

Personally, I am ok a while longer. The wait is not preventing me from getting things done but I am looking forward to receiving mine.
As we can see, they have already started to ship a non-MTK versions.
I think that power supply should be the same in both versions.
Main difference with MTK version is DAW communication.
That's why I suppose that they still working with OS.
Old 12th December 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingrays View Post
As we can see, they have already started to ship a non-MTK versions.
I think that power supply should be the same in both versions.
Main difference with MTK version is DAW communication.
That's why I suppose that they still working with OS.
Perhaps. I don't know much about operating systems. But I don't speculate about what might be the problem. I actually don't care why it is late. I'm an optimist and am going to assume that they want it to be released with all problems resolved, rather than fixing the issues in a mk2 version.

It'll come when it comes. If it doesn't, I'll buy something else. No big deal for me.
Old 12th December 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I actually don't care why it is late. I'm an optimist and am going to assume that they want it to be released with all problems resolved, rather than fixing the issues in a mk2 version.

It'll come when it comes. If it doesn't, I'll buy something else. No big deal for me.
Agree with all words.
Old 17th December 2015
Here for the gear

Acording to these, the MTK 22 it will be abialbe 12 of Jen

https://www.musicstore.de/es_ES/EUR/...PAH0016546-000

I alredy order and pay mine in August because the tall me in med Sept it will be ready to ship (for less price of now) and i have the fly case in home also waiting..
Old 17th December 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphon View Post
It's still no reason to completely delete a thread, is it?
This is draconian censorship.
Welcome to the free world everyone!
One part of the issue must have been, that as the thread was so popular, it started to appear as top 3 Google Search result with "Soundcraft Signature" keyword search.

It may have been popular enough to appear in search results with just "Soundcraft" - however I do not know this for sure and now it's too late to check.

And what did user find, if they did click the link?

Large thread about us whining about lack of support, communication and whatnot from Soundcraft - this thread damaged Soundcraft brand as a whole.

Therefore, they killed the mail man - to help them imagine that the problem does not exist.
Old 17th December 2015
Lives for gear

So....Non-MTK versions are available at Thomann since days...nobody bought one??? Damn....still taking time for the MTK's but would L O V E to hear/read first reviews of performance, EQ, overall feel, does it saturate on channels and all that.......

Last edited by DrAudioBot; 17th December 2015 at 11:32 PM..
Old 22nd December 2015
Lives for gear

I was interested if you could run your channels "hot" when coming back from your DAW into the individual channels after I read that the DAW to MTK channels are POST gain (gain knobs only working with line/mic in).

Here the answer from someone at SC:

The MTKs send their Post-Gain signal to your PC (pre-limiter, EQ, etc.). The gain affects the Mic/Line input of the source connected to the MTK. The DAW can then process the signal and alter the level and route the signal back to the MTK. On the individual channel strips of the MTK, there is a USB RETURN button. When this switch is engaged, the channel will now listen to the USB return and then send it through the rest of the channel strip (limiter, EQ, etc.). But the gain will still alter the source that is plugged into the Mic/Line input. Think of the DAW as an insert on the mixer.
Hope this clears things up.

Part 2:

Do remember that you are in digital realm, so you don’t want to send levels that are clipping into the MTK as it will not “colour the sound” in a nice way like hot analogue signals do. But yes, the levels you set in the DAW will affect the level coming back into the MTK’s channel strip. We would advise a level no hotter than -6dBFS so you have headroom for EQ and what not. Perhaps even better if it is lower (12dBFS even) depending on how much EQ boosting you plan on doing.

The analogue colour you seek will come from running the Ghost mic preamps on the MTK at a nice, hot level (but without peaking!) and from the silky Sapphyre EQ. Both of which are 100% analogue goodness "

These are the wise words of Product Manager Sean
Let me know if you have any more questions,
Thanks

I was hoping to be able to saturate the channels like in the good old days. Not really sure if possible to get that effect when pushing DAW outputs into red.
Old 22nd December 2015
Lives for gear

The problem with GS is that it is heavily censored. All the ads you see here are supporting the site so any posts that knock a company are watched very carefully. You also have to be extremely politically correct when discussing any music because theres a good chance that the producer or mixer is also a member of GS and God forbid you dislike something one of the more prestigious members of this site worked on.

So in a way, when you join and post on GS, you`re joining the BS machine. If you want to be accepted and liked here, you need to earn a brown nose. If not, you will be ostracized, your posts will disappear, and you will occasionally receive threatening messages from the moderators.

Welcome to GS!
Old 22nd December 2015
Lives for gear

that may be but I'm trying to understand your reply in context of my post. I don't...
Old 22nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
that may be but I'm trying to understand your reply in context of my post. I don't...
You talking to me?!

My comment was directed to the OP.
Old 22nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Buckley View Post
You talking to me?!

My comment was directed to the OP.
ah ok hahaha
Old 22nd December 2015
Lives for gear
I was curious about it as well. Couldn't find the thread and I thought by now it would be released. I need a little mixer to go next to the console to handle odd jobs. Just wish it had direct outs as well.
Old 23rd December 2015
Here for the gear

from sc facebook today:

"We've had a lot of delays on the Signature MTK series due to a manufacturing issue. Our engineers are working very hard to rectify this and production will resume as soon as it has been resolved. We cannot give a projected shipping date until the issue has been fixed but will announce any new development on our page. Sorry again about the delay and thanks for your patience."

so no progress there. Here goes end of jan. l had it. looking for a used Allen & Heath GL2400 for a nice price now to go for a direct outs to multicannel A/D solution. i bet i find one before the mtks see the light...
Old 23rd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haikodelic View Post
from sc facebook today:

"We've had a lot of delays on the Signature MTK series due to a manufacturing issue. Our engineers are working very hard to rectify this and production will resume as soon as it has been resolved. We cannot give a projected shipping date until the issue has been fixed but will announce any new development on our page. Sorry again about the delay and thanks for your patience."

so no progress there. Here goes end of jan. l had it. looking for a used Allen & Heath GL2400 for a nice price now to go for a direct outs to multicannel A/D solution. i bet i find one before the mtks see the light...
The GS mods can delete this comment or thread as well but the truth is, there have been issues for some time with the MTK series and Soundcrafts communication has been less than stellar… As some predicted back when it was announced in January of this year (2015), it may prove impossible to deliver all that product at the price they announced.

At this point, I would not be surprised if SC remains silent and hopes that we will forget about the MTK series…
Old 24th December 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
The GS mods can delete this comment or thread as well but the truth is, there have been issues for some time with the MTK series and Soundcrafts communication has been less than stellar… As some predicted back when it was announced in January of this year (2015), it may prove impossible to deliver all that product at the price they announced.

At this point, I would not be surprised if SC remains silent and hopes that we will forget about the MTK series…
Well to be fair, it would seem like SC is updating their facebook page with Sean as the frontman again...so not quite 'silent"....

I don't like the disappearance of the original thread all the same....
Old 24th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsound View Post
Well to be fair, it would seem like SC is updating their facebook page with Sean as the frontman again...so not quite 'silent"....
I`m not sure which page you`re referring to on FB. I see all their posts and they never mention the MTK series. Whenever they post about another console, I ask about it and get the same response… "sorry for the delay…. we ran into some issues… we`re resolving them asap…. the mtk series will be released soon…. etc, etc..."

Sean from SC was hardly posting in the original SC thread. He was posting regularly in the beginning and then suddenly disappeared for months. Then he came back to post some very non-specific info about the delay and then he disappeared again. Very peculiar behavior from SC and their reps. Most companies go into silent mode when something is really screwed up which I am beginning to think is the deal here with the MTK series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsound View Post
I don't like the disappearance of the original thread all the same....
Yeah well… GS is a highly guarded and watched forum. Every post is read eventually and if anything borders on possibly losing a sponsor, the post or thread will be deleted. I`m expecting my posts to be deleted soon or to receive a PM from one of the mods about my "content".

Old 24th December 2015
Jtt
Gear Addict

Quote:
I`m not sure which page you`re referring to on FB. I see all their posts and they never mention the MTK series. Whenever they post about another console, I ask about it and get the same response… "sorry for the delay…. we ran into some issues… we`re resolving them asap…. the mtk series will be released soon…. etc, etc..."

Sean from SC was hardly posting in the original SC thread. He was posting regularly in the beginning and then suddenly disappeared for months. Then he came back to post some very non-specific info about the delay and then he disappeared again. Very peculiar behavior from SC and their reps. Most companies go into silent mode when something is really screwed up which I am beginning to think is the deal here with the MTK series.

Yeah well… GS is a highly guarded and watched forum. Every post is read eventually and if anything borders on possibly losing a sponsor, the post or thread will be deleted. I`m expecting my posts to be deleted soon or to receive a PM from one of the mods about my "content".

The original thread probably shouldn't have been deleted, but it should have been moved to the new product coming soon section. This is the wrong part of the forum for gigantic threads about vaporware.
Old 25th December 2015
Gear Head
Quote:
The problem with GS is that it is heavily censored. All the ads you see here are supporting the site so any posts that knock a company are watched very carefully. You also have to be extremely politically correct when discussing any music because theres a good chance that the producer or mixer is also a member of GS and God forbid you dislike something one of the more prestigious members of this site worked on.

So in a way, when you join and post on GS, you`re joining the BS machine. If you want to be accepted and liked here, you need to earn a brown nose. If not, you will be ostracized, your posts will disappear, and you will occasionally receive threatening messages from the moderators.

Welcome to GS!
Thank you.

I read the comments on facebook and like you guys said, they don't seem that promising. Still hoping for the thing to come out and also hoping this thread might stay up and nobody gets banned.

Meanwhile, will be looking for a temporary solution..

-Tuomas
Old 25th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuomassamout View Post
Thank you.

I read the comments on facebook and like you guys said, they don't seem that promising. Still hoping for the thing to come out and also hoping this thread might stay up and nobody gets banned.

Meanwhile, will be looking for a temporary solution..

-Tuomas
There are a lot of options out there but none of them are as appetizing as the MTK series promises to be… thats why some of us are really disappointed… we`ve been waiting almost an entire year and communication from SC has been … "nonexistent" comes to mind….

Even if they came out and said they were raising the price to $1299 or even $1499, its a very attractive price point…
Old 25th December 2015
Here for the gear

thing is that 22mtk is just 120€ more than the normal 22....what is hilarious for a usb interface with 22 A/D & D/A....i guess there lies the problem.
Old 26th December 2015
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haikodelic View Post
thing is that 22mtk is just 120€ more than the normal 22....what is hilarious for a usb interface with 22 A/D & D/A....i guess there lies the problem.
Sweetwater has it at the same price for the 22 MTK, 799 USD. Maybe that will change once they get them. Mine has been reserved but not paid for since summer.

I am sure the thread was removed as one person stated it was in the top 3 in Google for Soundcraft. One mistake or topic, even being very late with this product, should not dominate the news on this legandary brand.
Old 2nd January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmun69 View Post
Sweetwater has it at the same price for the 22 MTK, 799 USD. Maybe that will change once they get them. Mine has been reserved but not paid for since summer.
I reserved mine back in April? That was when Sweetwater was expecting to ship in late May or June the latest. I waited and waited, heard nothing from Soundcraft and decided to get a cheap Mackie for the time being. No communication from SC made me nervous, still does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmun69 View Post
I am sure the thread was removed as one person stated it was in the top 3 in Google for Soundcraft. One mistake or topic, even being very late with this product, should not dominate the news on this legandary brand.
I agree with you. SC has made some fine products and they have a good history but their lack of communication is very disturbing. I`ve been waiting over 7 months for my order and have heard nothing from SC. This is troubling. In the meantime, I got this Mackie 1402 for monitoring… the MTK22 will be a welcome addition to my setup when it ships or should I say if?
Old 7th January 2016
Gear Head
So, has anyone actually GOTTEN either of these models yet? Or are they going the route of the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 and just never coming out and forgotten about?
Since Harman CEO Dinesh Paliwal took command, their entire line, AKG Acoustics®, AMX®, BSS Audio®, Crown International®, dbx Professional®, DigiTech®, JBL Professional®, Lexicon Pro®, Martin®, Soundcraft® and Studer® has gone downhill.
Old 7th January 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by delco7 View Post
So, has anyone actually GOTTEN either of these models yet? Or are they going the route of the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 and just never coming out and forgotten about?
Since Harman CEO Dinesh Paliwal took command, their entire line, AKG Acoustics®, AMX®, BSS Audio®, Crown International®, dbx Professional®, DigiTech®, JBL Professional®, Lexicon Pro®, Martin®, Soundcraft® and Studer® has gone downhill.
Man, there are some legendary brands in that list. What a shame.

The amazing company that I work for was acquired a few years back by MegaConglomoUberHuge Agency LLC, and the benefits and culture have progressively declined ever since. A year ago my division was re-branded as a separate company and moved to a different location, and things feel very different. We used to rule the world over there (seas would rise when we gave the word), now we're largely treated as second-class citizens.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, no -- no one has received a multi-track unit yet. Indeed, we've never even seen the back panel of the thing, because even prototypes don't yet exist. A Soundcraft rep told me a while back that the "demo" units Sean was showing at various trade shows were mostly empty shells, no working components.
Old 7th January 2016
Here for the gear

Hey guys,

To my knowledge, no one from Soundcraft nor Harman requested anything to be removed...

Anyway, wanted to give you guys good news: 10, 12, 16, and 22 have been shipping for 1-3 months depending on model and where you are in the world. And I will give you guys some news VERY soon on the MTKs

Thanks for sticking it out with us. We promise anyone getting their hands on them will be very happy
Old 7th January 2016
Sometimes I miss the pre-internet days, when I never heard about a new product until I saw the ad in a magazine, and that usually meant it was already in stock at the retailer.
Old 7th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancraft View Post
And I will give you guys some news VERY soon on the MTKs
How about whats been going on as an update? This is all we`ve heard about the MTK Series for the last 6 months...
Old 7th January 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
How about whats been going on as an update? This is all we`ve heard about the MTK Series for the last 6 months...
Sorry, I gave a few updates in the original thread that was deleted. The last update, if my memory serves me right, is when I told everyone in October that Signature 16 was shipping and 10, 12 were in production.

As a summary, of all the various things that happened between NAMM2015 and today: we refused to compromise on performance and cost. We had some issues with some underperforming components and had to undergo a partial redesign of the internal PSU with significant testing of the new PSU design. These were crucial to get the audio performance we wanted as well as the build/compenent quality. We finalised all designs, did extensive testing (including longevity tests of the redesigned PSU) and went to production with the Signatures in order of increasing complexity: 16->12->10->22->12MTK->22MTK.

But the mic pre sounds awesome with excellent EIN performance (related to the PSU redesign). The Lexicon FX sound stunning. The USB recording and playback interface has very strong A/D-D/A performance (very-low jitter, excellent fantastic S/N ratio). And the thing is built like a tank with great feel on all faders, pots, and switches. You guys will love the Signatures. Sorry they are late though... Puts a damper on it, I know
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search