The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
fader problems
Old 20th January 2007
Here for the gear

fader problems

Hello;
This is my first post and I live in Florida where there is a lot of humidity. I have Alps faders (40) in a TAC Scorpian mixing board and they are not sealed faders.
I have cleaned them with Caig Deoxit D5 and a pencil easure, on the graphite and ran the wipers over 2000 grit wet and dry sand paper coated with Cailube MCI and applied Cailube MCI over everything and then put them back together.
The problem is that witin a years time they become scratchy again. All of them are not used everyday but it doesnt seem to mater for the ones I use the most are also scratchy. Is there any other lube like a fine grease or maybe even Vasoline that will keep them from becoming scratchy once they are cleaned? What do the professionals use and do? Any advice will greatly be appreciated.
Thanks Mark
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Maniac

They do have a finite track life.....When you get cheesed off with cleaning them....

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/
Part number AL-02-001

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search