The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Free from the DcrapB at last!
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Free from the DcrapB at last!

I've had the D8B for 4 years and it has given me endless problems and a whole load of heart ache, cancelled sessions and lost earnings. I've had to send it for repair 4 or 5 times, had to replace the wordclock card twice, reseated cards endless times, reseated ribbon connections endless times, used gallons of contact cleaner, had sleepless nights and days of pure stress. Spent about 1000 hours on various forums trying to glean information on how to fix problems. This board is an absolute nightmare! I've had sessions where a vocal artist has flown from America for a week to do some vocal overdubs and the board has crashed repeatedly for several days. This has caused huge embarrassment on my part and had to cancel the whole session. I've left messages with Dan Burgess at Mackie UK, who has not even had the courtesy to reply....

I'm done with this board - absolute c**p!

I installed my new Yamaha O2R96 today and it works like a dream. Recordings made with the DcrapB sound infinitely better through the Yamaha!

Now I can sleep at night!
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Splendid!

Giovanni
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Maniac

Thanks Giovanni.
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

I'm happy for ya, no really. But why not in the "Moan Zone"?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search