The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Large tuchel to XLR adapters
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Large tuchel to XLR adapters

Hi,
Anyone knows where to get a bunch of Tuchel (the large ones, 3-pin) to XLR adapters?
(For a bunch of 421's, AKG D20, Beyer...)

Thanks a lot
Old 19th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Contact Sennheiser USA . Talk to a guy in the parts or repair dept. because no one else will know what you are talking about. They still sell that piece for about $21 US a pop.
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

Resurrecting this thread because I need the Tuchel convertor as well. I dont want to use the tuchel to XLR cable because Then I end up with the wrong length cable.

I called Sennheiser and they said they did not sell one. Does anyone have a part# and a supplier for Tuchel to XLR convertors ?

Regards.
Old 25th January 2007
Call Chris over at Redco. They did mine for me and they work perfectly.
Old 25th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by firby View Post

I called Sennheiser and they said they did not sell one. Does anyone have a part# and a supplier for Tuchel to XLR convertors ?

Regards.

They do, you just have to ask the right person. Talk to the tech guys in the repair department.
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

I did talk to a guy in their repair dept he said that they did not. If I can get a part number I could probably still get one out of them.
Old 25th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by firby View Post
I did talk to a guy in their repair dept he said that they did not. If I can get a part number I could probably still get one out of them.
That is strange since I had a part number and a price for them when I caleld last summer. I ended getting some froma guy on ebay when I bought a mic from him so I did not bother. I'll see if I can still find it.

Maybe I talked to the guys at Beyer?
Old 25th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

I just pasted in this info I had going from an old thread here on GS that I started last year. Call Sennheiser again and ask for Walter (service or parts dept. I can't remember). Whomever you spoke to is a lazy ass and simply didn't want to bother looking for any info for you.

I believe the fellow's name is Walter in the parts dept. For any others interested, Sennhieser USA stocks the same connector made by Binder and here is the part number from Sennheiser: US09-0034-00-03 and they are $23.97 US each. Binder USA also sells direct for a few dollars cheaper (same part# with no US on the front).

You can buy direct from Binder as well. www.binder-usa.com Binder Part# is 09-0034-00-03

http://www.binder-usa.com/industrial...roduct&group=2
Old 25th January 2007
Lives for gear

I just bought a pair of cables for my Beyer M201N.2 mics from Hinton Instruments in the UK. Nice solid metal connectors, 3m (15ft) Vandamme cable, and very quick shipping to me here in the US.

They do gross and klein tuchel, as well as the funky one for the Sennheiser 421 (reversed pins or something?)

Would definitely order cables from them again. Check them out.
Old 26th January 2007
C/G
Lives for gear

Did any of you guys have any luck with the links myself and tnjazz posted? I'm curious to see if you found the parts you are looking for.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search