The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Very good Stereo AD/DA Interface
Old 19th January 2007
Here for the gear

Very good Stereo AD/DA Interface

Hey Freaks.
I am working with Pro Tools HDAccel in a Recordingstudio. I went to a Masteringstudio where they had a Cranesong Stereo Interface that sounded very good. Better than my 192i/o s.
So my decision is to buy a Single Stereo AD/DA Interface to record my Mix after Mixing and for some smaller mastering applications. Should i buy two different ones? one for A/D and one for D/A?
Which one you guys prefer?

Thanks.
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

UA 2192, Benchmark media DAC1 & ADC1, Lynx aurora, mytec, lavry, weiss, prism, ...pick yours.
It depends on your budget...

I am an aurora16 fan since I heard it first time! Transparent conversion, that's what I want.

Why not going into a better multi channel A/D D/A interface, to also improve multitrack recording, instead of a single A/D D/A?

Try to test some Lynx aurora8 or 16(and others if you can, to compare), and make your own opinion...You won't be disapointed.
Old 19th January 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by funka View Post

Why not going into a better multi channel A/D D/A interface, to also improve multitrack recording, instead of a single A/D D/A?
i am satisfied with my two 192i/o s. i think they sound good for multitrack recording. thanks for the UA tip. i will try that one once - i had an eye on the benchmark,too and saw the weiss in a msteringstudio of a friend of mine. hard decision. i will test them all... and tell.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search