The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
spl goldmike mk2
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

spl goldmike mk2

Hello,

does anybody use this preamp? I read some good reviews, heard some nice vocal samples and the specks looks good too.
In addition to my beloved DAV No1 (clean, fast, transparent, neutral) I need another affordable high quality 2channel pre, with a different "flavour".

If anybody knows this pre: please share your experience! Are there some good "colored" alternatives in this price range (~ 1000€ for two channels)?
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

nobody?
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Check the similar threads section at the end of this page.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Well..no, But.

havent used the goldmic MK II, not sure what product that is.

But recently I had the pleasure of hearing the Track 0ne mono channel strip and really, really really liked it, good thick graby compresion characteristics and a very nice pre, sounded great on just about every mic we put through it (for drum room, VOX, AND BASS) I have to say I loved the color of the compressor. not too thick, but still nice and big & the perfect amount of push. and the eq is all you should need for tracking and has great control . you can boost highs when needed and it sounds great .

I recomend it, and ill be getting one or two soon...
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzjoe View Post
In addition to my beloved DAV No1 (clean, fast, transparent, neutral) I need another affordable high quality 2channel pre, with a different "flavour".
I think the GoldMike is allright, but not super, I got an mk1 version, IMHO it also falls under the clean, transparent & neutral category so maybe you better look for something else if you want something radically different...
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

@ jucylime: I checked all the threads but found almost no infos about the mk2 (only a little about the mk1; but they are technically different,so is the price...)
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Nut

I,m also interested. Do you know something about the difference in design?
Old 31st March 2010
Gear Nut

it's rather good!

I am not a very big fan of it as it has this 'no character' label written all over it as all the spl pre amps i have used.

I work quite often in a studio over here and the owner loves SPL so i use them as well, but it makes me work harder in the mix. But then again this because I am more into dirtier sounds.

That doesn't mean it is a bad machine! If clean is what you are after then most def this amp deserves your attention.

edit: I do think they go around 1400 dollars? That is for me overpriced.... you can get similar sound for way less..
Old 28th December 2010
Here for the gear

Goldmike mk 2

I have it and use it aroud 4 years in studio, mainly for vocal recording with Neumann U87ai. I think it is a lot of music for little money. But now I go for Aurora Audio for leading vocal and Goldmike MK2 maybe using for guitar or keys.
Bless
Old 9th March 2015
Gear Addict

Bump

Other opinions about the Goldmike MK2?
Old 26th October 2015
Here for the gear

Hi to all! my first post here

Should i buy a Universal Audio Solo 610 or the Goldmike MK2 Premium (with Lundahl mic in.out transformers) ? I like the Goldmike mostly because the digital out option...

I will appreciate an opinion from an experienced owner....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search