The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Just ordered adam p22a hope they will be good
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Nut

Just ordered adam p22a hope they will be good

Si i figured in my 2nd room id ditch them event studio precision8s for the adams p22a i hope ill be happy with them since i wasnt able to listen to them only went by word mouth.
Old 18th January 2007
Will they be "good?" I can almost positively say that yes they will be "good."

Will you like them? Really depends on your taste and your room right?

I can't imagine that the would be any worse than the Events. I have a pair of these on my home system... they are okay but I think the ADAMs will smoke 'm.

Oh and (sorry if you know this but...) please don't do the "I played my favorite CD through my new speakers and I don't like them" test.

IMHO the ONLY fair test of a speaker that you are going to use to mix on is to actually mix on them. See how things translate when you are behind the controls. Judging your mix speakers by listening to someone elses mix is akin to watching someone else test drive a new car that you are thinking of buying....

Congratulations! New gear is cool isn't it?
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Head

hope so too... good luck
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Nut

haha well if i play my fav cd threw them and they sound like **** im gonna play my fav cd not the speakers lol.
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Nut

scratch that...im gonna blame my fav cd not my speaker and blame the mastering guy who mastered my fav cd.
Old 18th January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearobsessed View Post
scratch that...im gonna blame my fav cd not my speaker and blame the mastering guy who mastered my fav cd.
There you go, now you are talk'n.

heh

When I got my S2A's I put up a few of my old mixes.....

So then I started mixing a few new tunes just to get some time under my belt on them and they translated pretty well in the car and on the home system.

THEN I put in a few fav CD's and the big surprise was some of the CD's sounded like crap but it wasn't the speakers fault it was the mixing and mastering.

Some CD's sound GREAT on my S2A's and they sound great every place else. Some CD's just sound like poop on the ADAM's.. shockingly so for "big time" productions. All sorts of glaring EQ mistakes, bad edits, funky levels etc. that the mastering guy, mixing guy and I had never really noticed before the ADAM's.

The point is if I would had started with the poop CD's first my gut reaction would have been the speakers suck because that is not what I remember the mix sounding like. Knowing he speakers as I do now after tracking and mixing on them for a year or so I know that the problems I hear in my own stuff and on other peoples mixes are really there... for better or for worse the ADAM's don't lie.

Good luck with 'm man, I think you will dig them... but YMMV.
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Nut

Hey not what converters are u using.
Old 18th January 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearobsessed View Post
Hey not what converters are u using.
As of right now a benchmark DAC-1. Not talked about much around here anymore for some reason but the thing sounds GREAT, love it.

Just got a new Tonelux rig with a control room master section and I will be switching over to an Apogee DA-16X (I have had it for going on 8 months now and I have never even turned it on). When the new rig comes up I will stop using the DAC-1 but not because I don't love it, only because it does not fit my system any more.

PM me in a few weeks if you are interested in the Benchmark by the way. It will be going up on the classifieds here around then... Sorry for the spam if you are not interested.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search