The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ghost or Scorpion?????
Old 17th January 2007
Lives for gear

Ghost or Scorpion?????

Hello to all the Gearslutz out there. I have a little of a dilema on my hands. I currently have a Soundcraft Ghost in my studio. Just recently it started to give me problems. Now, I have a friend who owns a TAC Scorpion and he said I could borrow it and repalce my Ghost. Should I fix my Ghost or would I be improving if I replaced it with that Scorpion? I need help!!
Old 17th January 2007
i personally hate the Scorpion, though i know some people who like to record with it - i don't know anyone who would prefer it over a Ghost for mixing though.
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Maniac

If you dont mind for automation, dont trade your ghost so easily. By modding it you can achieve really good, close to stellar sound of your ghost. You just have to replace 5532 op-amps with burr browns or analog device op- amps. Only trouble is that ghost doesnt have sockets in which those opamps are centered, so it takes whole lot of soldering. You ll have to unsolder those 5532 opamps, install socket for each channel(takes nine of them per channel , not to mention busses and master section), solder them and put the new op amps in the sockets. Anyway, I am not expert in that depatment, I just watched when it was being installed into my ghost. Dont know about the TAC, but as far as I red , dont think it is good deal to trade your ghost for it- just modd the ghost if you want a change. Of course depending on the present level of malfunctiong of your ghost.
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
i personally hate the Scorpion, though i know some people who like to record with it - i don't know anyone who would prefer it over a Ghost for mixing though.
I used a Scorpion for a while. I'd rather mix in the box.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search