The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NEVE 542 OR BURL B2 ADC (without adc) Digital Converters
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear
NEVE 542 OR BURL B2 ADC (without adc)

can they both be compared in regard of analog tone and saturation if we don't need ad. in my case i am using rosetta 200. how can you describe tone of each equipment?
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear
no reply?

please anybody if we don't need ad which is better choice?
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
no reply?

please anybody if we don't need ad which is better choice?
I don't understand the question. the Burl doesn't have analog outs so you can't use it "without ADC". These are two totally different products.
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
I don't understand the question. the Burl doesn't have analog outs so you can't use it "without ADC". These are two totally different products.
I am comparing just the saturation effect of both equipments. i only want burl due to its saturation part. if 542 has better saturation i will opt for it.
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

No they can't be compared. One is a tape emulator, the other a A/D converter. if you don't need ADC, then don't buy one as a tape emulator. On the other hand, if you want an A/D converter that will give you fantastic sounding tracking, and is great for final 2 buss mixdown capture, then the Burl fits the bill. If you want a tape emulator, then try the 542 or a plugin. the 542 + Rosetta 200 != Burl B2.
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
No they can't be compared. One is a tape emulator, the other a A/D converter. if you don't need ADC, then don't buy one as a tape emulator. On the other hand, if you want an A/D converter that will give you fantastic sounding tracking, and is great for final 2 buss mixdown capture, then the Burl fits the bill. If you want a tape emulator, then try the 542 or a plugin. the 542 + Rosetta 200 != Burl B2.
Fine. I am printing my mix through rosetta ad. A side from my previous question Will burl ad be a step up from rosetta ad sonically?
Old 26th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fine. I am printing my mix through rosetta ad. A side from my previous question Will burl ad be a step up from rosetta ad sonically?
I would say so. that's kind of what I was saying in my post. I think if you are just looking for saturation, there's lots of options. The Burl however gives you big clear beautiful sounding conversion, which when tracking will definitely make a difference that you will hear, especially across multiple tracks in your mix. Tracks seem to have more weight to them recorded through the Burl. Also final A/D capture. And yes, you can push into it a bit, but it's not the same as tape, or even a tape emulator. Personally I like the UAD plugins for that on occasion, but haven't tried the RND.
Old 27th October 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I would say so. that's kind of what I was saying in my post. I think if you are just looking for saturation, there's lots of options. The Burl however gives you big clear beautiful sounding conversion, which when tracking will definitely make a difference that you will hear, especially across multiple tracks in your mix. Tracks seem to have more weight to them recorded through the Burl. Also final A/D capture. And yes, you can push into it a bit, but it's not the same as tape, or even a tape emulator. Personally I like the UAD plugins for that on occasion, but haven't tried the RND.
Thanks a lot. can we gain extra 1 or 2 db by pushing burl while printing final mixdown?
Old 27th October 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks a lot. can we gain extra 1 or 2 db by pushing burl while printing final mixdown?
yes you can clip it. no sounds nothing like a 542.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search